close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are any rivers/tribs up there going to fish on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by Dave_E, Jan 7, 2005.

1. I may head up to the Lake Sunday if anything at all will be fishable. East, West, doesn't matter. If the Rocky isn't looking good, I'll likely head East to a small stream. Let me know.

E-mail if you don't feel comfortable posting.

2. Dave,

Save yourself the trip up here. All of the rivers up here are still flowing at over 1000 cfm. They are calling for rain again on Saturday and as saturated as the ground is, it all ends up in the rivers. It going to be a whle before the rivers fish up here again. The forecast is calling for rain every couple of days, so there no chance for the flow to return to normal. The only place I would say is fishable right now is Cold Creek, but there are probably a hundred guys with that exact thought heading there this weekend.

Wes

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

My guess will be most all of the lakes, streams, and Rivers will be awhile 'till they are fishable. We've had over 7" of rain here in NW columbus and the rivers here are way, way out of their banks.

4. Thanks.
    I thought that maybe one of the tiny tribs to the east may be tame enough to attempt. I'm not into the combat fishing thing, so heading to Sandusky isn't looking promising either. Dang it. I have a new noodle rod and spinning reel spooled up and itching to get out.

5. Dave,

You can always take the ride to PA. The tribs there should be fishable. And if you are willing to walk a bit, you can avoid most of the crowds.

Wes

6. Elk is still blown out. :eek: Walnut might work but if it does you will need elbow pads. :(

7. I was told last night that Euclid Creek has been fishable.

8. devildog

devildog hardcore fisherman

Hey chrome chasers check my last reply on N.E. ohio. Under suckers!

9. euclid creek has been fishable. I was by the rocky today and if it stays cold I think I may go if no rain on sat and sunday morning. Level is high and color stained as of today.