Archery Ranges

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by buckeyeguy, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Does anyone know of some archery ranges, indoor and outdoor, around Akron/Medina?

I know that Portage Archery has one and that there is also a state archery range at Spencer Wildlife area. Also, at the state archery ranges, do they have targets there or is it a bring your own?

2. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

It's been a couple years since I've been there but Spencer had a pretty decent set-up with several targets provided at various ranges.

3. South cuyahoga sportsmans association has archery at the chatam grounds, nice club to join and plenty of different things to do besides archery.

4. BIGGUNS

BIGGUNS SFC-ARMY

There Is One Right Down The Road From Me I Am Just Outside Barberton , Hadleys (20 Yard Indoor) Jim Hadley Sold It A Few Years Back An Now Justin Bounce Owns It . He Is Very Good With Setting Up An Very Nice Place , Its On Manchester Rd. Just South Of Center Rd. About 75 To 100 Yrds on The West Side of Road .Phone No. 330-645-9393

5. Go out 224East thru Atwater and turn south on Rt. 225. Turn onto the first road on your left called "Fewtown" and go about 1/4-1/2 mile to first parking lot on your right for the ODNR's archery range. It's got short targets at the parking lot, and a hunter's field range just to the right of it. It is well maintained by the state and one of the best IMO in the whole area. And it's free to the public! Click on the link below, look on the extreme left side of the map and you'll see what looks like an arrow on a target. Click on that arrow to blow up the size of the map in that area for easy viewing.
    http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/9/Images/hunting/Wildlife%20Area Maps/pub018.gif

6. some dicks sporting goods have them.

7. dang did hadleys move again? i know last i knew of they were in the plaza behind the rite aid on the corner of 619 and main st next to the IGA.

8. BIGGUNS

BIGGUNS SFC-ARMY

Yes He Moved Back Out To The Second Building On Manchester An Center . Lol He Finaly Sold Him The Building Too.

9. haaaa man i remember when he was in those two buildings on manchester rd when i was young. thats funny they went back.

10. There is one (public and free) in the cleveland metroparks in Strongsville. I can't remember the road it's on (mabe webster or albion) but it's near Pearl road (SR 42) and the Chalet tobogan run.

11. Thanks guys/gals. Sounds like I will have a nice selection of places to shoot now. I also found The Marksman off of Barber Rd just north of I-76.

Went to a buddy's apt yesterday and we sat up a block in the rear of his garage and were shooting into it from 15-20 yds. Ended up shooting for 5 hours and man was it a blast! I was pretty surprised that everyone that went by seemed okay with it. Everyone that went buy said hi and joked around with us.

12. BIGGUNS

BIGGUNS SFC-ARMY

If you would like you can come over to my house an shoot , I have a lighted range out to 55 yards . we shoot here in the summer till 2 -3 in the morning sometimes .3 d targets and a block . pm me for my address if you would like to shoot sometime. an my place is FREE , Im right off 21 by 585 .