close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Archbold fishing

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mountaindew, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Going to Archbold on Wednesday, 11/8, afternoon to do some fishing. Where would be a good place, Archbold reservoir or Harrison State Park, or any other recommendation? What rig/setup should be used?

Thanks.

2. what are you fishing for?

3. LOL, too bad cause i was gonna tell you that archbold has lots of eater size cats. i fished there earlier this summer and nothing other than cats. tons of baitstealing green sunfish and perch all around the shoreline. As for saugeyes not sure how to get them there. a boat would help out but for baits i would say the usual...vibe E's, crawler harnesses or troll crankbaits. i'm far from an expert on those fish though. I like fishing harrison for no other reason than its not a boring ugly upground reservoir. there are crappie in it, i pulled a 13'' out of there last summer but never tried this year. there are tons of fallen timber in it though so its a lot easier to at least target a spot for fish as opposed to rock lined circles. Bass are there as well but there are a million better places to fish for them then there, plus its real late in the season for them.

4. Thanks for the info, Mojo. Went to Harrison, but the water was very brown, probably because of the rain yesterday. Were the only one there for about 1 hour. No bites, although the sun was shining and was kinda warm.

i was just glad that I can use the rod this late in the season.