Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

· Banned
16,924 Posts
Arby's sandwiches are fantastic. So many people stuck on ordering the Beef and Cheddar there, but damn are you missing out. The Market Fresh sandwiches are great.
I miss the old SuperArby's sandwich...Lettuce tomato and special sauce...

Reactions: Saugeye Tom

· Registered
2,070 Posts
And buddy and I stopped in to an Arby's on our way to Hoover one evening for dinner. I filled a few of the little cup things with Arby's sauce to dip my fries in. He came to the table with a few full of a sauce they carry that's called like spicy 3 pepper sauce or something? I gave it a try and my god....the stuff is amazing. Now I pass up going through the drive through and go in so I can lather my entire meal with it.

· On the back 9 and loving it!
10,874 Posts
If you have to eat a fast food sammich, it's pretty tough to beat Arby's! Even the base model roast beef with "Horsey Sauce" is pretty good. I've been meaning to stop in and get one of those pork belly sammiches. And if I run across a venison sammich, I'd definitely spring for it, farm raised or not. And to think it all started right here in Youngstown, Ohio!

10,874 Posts
Um you guys... OMG. That sandwich.. is one of the best I've ever had. It was ridiculous.

If you haven't tried the pork belly - go get it. Now.
There's an Arby's right up the road, and I will be there tomorrow!

10,874 Posts
Well, it was about the 4th inning of game 7 of the World Series, I was really hungry, and figure that the Indians had blown it. So I ran up the street to the local Arby's and came home with a pork belly sandwich and some curly fries.

Holy cow! What a terrific sandwich. Not too fatty for me, and I'm not a big fan of fat. I'll cut every speck of it off a steak or pork chop.

The major problem was that the sandwich was so satisfying that I fell asleep on the couch! I woke up at 2AM with the World Series post game crew still yammering away! Despite being half asleep, I learned that the Tribe had lost 8-7, and figured the game had gone to extra innings. I didn't know about the rain delay or anything else until the next day.

Damn you, Arby's!

· The one others want to be
2,253 Posts
It appears the sandwich has been well received with stores selling out of product in very short order. I read about how the meat is cooked and how it's served. Pretty crazy. Shipped in from New Zealand. What a hoot.

· Banned
16,924 Posts
And buddy and I stopped in to an Arby's on our way to Hoover one evening for dinner. I filled a few of the little cup things with Arby's sauce to dip my fries in. He came to the table with a few full of a sauce they carry that's called like spicy 3 pepper sauce or something? I gave it a try and my god....the stuff is amazing. Now I pass up going through the drive through and go in so I can lather my entire meal with it.
Thanks for the heads up. Tried it Wednesday and you are correct! Delicious with a kick.

Reactions: Hawg Wobbler 52

· Registered
717 Posts
I had a couple Pork Belly sandwiches on Marble bread since they offered it. I sometimes pay extra to double the meat and get extra sauce on it. No fries or drink needed. Just Pork Belly, Sauce, and Bread! :D

· Registered
2,528 Posts
Read this thread and decided to check them out since its been a long while since Ive been to Arbys. I got a brisket sammie and the wife got roast beef something. We both got fries and a drink. The bill was $20!! Dang! For that kind of money I could have gone somewhere that served food on a plate and had it brought to my table! It was OK but at those prices I wont be doing their "fast food" again anytime soon.

· Fish Until It Hurts! ™©®
1,123 Posts
I don't eat fast food anymore. When I did, Arby's was always a preferred stop over McD's and the others. Regardless of the sandwich choice, the side accompaniments were: Mozzarella Sticks, Curly Fries, and a Cherry Turnover. They used to do a "5 for $5" or other big time sandwich deals. You could load up on regular sized roast beef or beef and cheddar sandwiches doing that and not break the bank. Would wash all that crap down with a Dr. Pepper. Ahhhh, those were the days.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts