close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

aquila

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by peple of the perch, Dec 24, 2004.

1. has anyone ever ice fished it. i would like to try it this year but i dont know any good places to ice fish

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

no, but be careful . the lake is spring fed and may have weak spots in that area.

3. Best if you stay off until you can follow others footsteps and learn to "read the ice". It is very easy to go from 4" to 1" around a spring.

4. Give WildBill a PM, this lake is in his neck of the woods. I know he has fished in years past with great sucess, he knows the lake well.
    All I know about the lake is that it's up around the Cleveland area. It has many springs, and you have to watch where you park around the lake because of privately owned land around the lake.
    What information do have on Aquila is what WildBill has told me about the lake.
    Sure wish I could be of more help to you.

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

not here in cleveland ,but about 45 minutes east in aquilla ohio ,just off rt 322. only 1 public place to park and that is by the ramp. never fished it myself only hunted there.

6. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

I fished Aquilla for about 2 hrs Sunday, mostly just to play with my new Vex Ultra Pack. There is about 1.5" of ice on top of 1" of slush on top of about 6" of ice. All the ice is a bit punky. I caught half a dozen small gills. The road down to the launch has not been plowed at all. I 4-wheeled it through snow that was bumper deep on my Exploder.