close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

aqua view or vex?

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by STUMPY, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Vexilar

62.5%
  2. Aquaview

37.5%
  1. hi all hardwater fans! I thought this would be a interesting poll for all. I already own a vexilar. Wouldnt go icefishin without one! But I have not had the opportunity to fish with the aqua view and all the great things I hear about it, I might just go buy one for this year. But before I do I thought I would just ask........ If you could only bring one of the two on the ice with you, which would it be and why? Thanks again to all for their info and best of luck on the hardwater this new year!

2. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

vexes and aqua view are different tools and cant be compared directly. they do different things and show you different things.

that said, the vex is my choice because its FAR more practical for all around use. Its ability to work as well at night as it does during the day since it uses sound instead of light to gether information and because it covers a MUCH greater area of water. Plus water clarity is a non-factor to the vex....with a camera, so much depends on water clarity. Basically a camera is useless in muddy water.

but....the camera CAN show you things that a vex never will!

3. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!