Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share with everyone the Hawg that a caught during a bass fishing tournament at Apple Valley Lake. She weighed 5.84 lbs:B

Attachments

·
Relaxing.
5,750 Posts
Very nice bass guys.

acklac7 pictures never do a fish justice. Trust me from running tournaments i have seen fish come across the scales that you would think were smaller and i have also seen the pics from those fish and fish that did not make big bass and you would look at the pic and say heck that fish was bigger than the one they said was big fish.
Very nice fish from a very nice lake thanks for the pic.

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Very nice bass guys.

acklac7 pictures never do a fish justice. Trust me from running tournaments i have seen fish come across the scales that you would think were smaller and i have also seen the pics from those fish and fish that did not make big bass and you would look at the pic and say heck that fish was bigger than the one they said was big fish.
Very nice fish from a very nice lake thanks for the pic.

Taking another look at the picture I can see that the compression isn't the greatest, maybe that creates the illusion that it is smaller...It's just when you compare the pic of that hog 5lb Alum Smallie and the LM in question there seems to be a big discrepancy (yes I know, different species, different camera/angle)

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
Congratulations Bostonska! That is a nice pig!

I fish Apple Valley regularly and was going to post on here to see if anyone fished the tourney on Saturday. I had not heard any results. Do you know any of the numbers? I have only been chasing the crappie so far this year so the bass have been safe from me.;) And if the crappie keep treating us like they are the bass will have a lot of time on their hands.:D:D

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
:B Nice looking, thick/long bass!

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Great looking Bass. Looks to me picture is from very far away compared to smallmouth picture. That Bass is easy 20" plus fish put it over 5 pounds no problem this time of year. Way to go!! Dandy Bass!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I fish there a lot my dad lives up there we fish the tournament every year. They have some of the best fishing in the area in my opinion

1 - 12 of 12 Posts