close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Apology

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mrfishohio, Jul 13, 2005.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Recently I made a post intended to be comedic and many took offense to it. I assure you that wasn't my intent (to offend anyone). Anyway, I got a few PM's and responded to them, in PM's since they were directed to me.
    To those who were unhappy with my style, well, this will make you happy. I will no longer be moderating. I am a member here and enjoy the same privilege to express my own opinion same as any of you.
    Again, if you were offended by anything I posted or sent in a PM, I apologize. I assure you it was all in jest and I hold no ill will towards anyone here, staff or members. I consider us all as siblings, brothers & sisters and in one big family. As part of a family it's safe to express one's opinion and still be accepted. Again, this is my personal opinion and not to be construed in any way shape or form representing the moderator staff of this wonderful site.
    Blessings my friends, Jim

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

JIm, Get out on the river, catch a big Flathead or Blue, evertyhing then will be fine.

3. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Dang I must have missed it! Always love to read something that stirs the pot. lol

4. Jim,

It was a pleasure working with you as moderator and I have always enjoyed the forum discussions even prior to the moderator days. I am glad to see that you still plan to share time with the rest of us. You bring a lot to this site as I am sure many others would agree.

Now like H2OMellon said you can get out and nail some big cats. You need some fresh pics to share.;)

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Jim, you have never offended me with anything you have said..In fact I enjoy your humor very much! I just hope you dont leave us, we have had to many good members leave!

6. Pike

Pike

Jim,

I have enjoyed your posts, your thoughtfulness and humor have entertained and enlightened over the years as well. I feel that oversensitivity ruins many a good thing. Glad your are sticking around, but please reconsider remaining a moderator. I know a lot of people respect what you have to say here, a shame on you is always better coming from someone that you respect.

7. A friend is someone that can care for your opinion even if they do not understand or agree with it. I may not agree with what others think or do but I also realize they do not agree with me. I have had one person get under my skin on this site and that only lasted for minute. I have even posted a few things that have gotten under people skin but I do not think any of them are mad at me still. Enjoy the fishing and add a few bass to the next catch.

8. dip

dip dip

some peeps take dis stuff too seriouslike! :confused:

9. Please, keep on doing what you are doing here. You demonstrated allot of patience with me while I was brain dead about posting pictures. Remember that whole ordeal? You are an asset to this web site and should really reconsider any change in your participation on this site. You just can't make everyone happy in life. I don't know the particulars and don't care to know but you've sincerely apologized and now it's time for everyone to put it behind them.

10. ditto your a big part of this site.......

11. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

LOL...most of the people here take things way to serious. Lighten up!!!! You people need to stop sitting at your computer chair and crying about every little thing or jokes put up. WWaaaaaaHHHH....bunch of babies. :rolleyes: :D

12. WarEagle

WarEagle FNG

It's not just on here. I post on several sites, mostly fishing, and you can't believe how uptight some of the people are. They are everywhere. Normally only a few per site, but those who know the least always know it the loudest.

WAR

13. don't let a few bring you down. I for one have always liked reading your post, and looking at your pictures.

14. (I think it was him, anway) "You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."

I don't post too much here, only when I thinnk I have something to contribute about a pastime I dearly enjoy. I do not frequent or contribute to any other website or chatrooms. I do, however, read almost every new post I see on OGF, and have yet to be truly displeased at any but the most flagrant violations of good taste.

mrfishohio, I think you bring a huge amount of timely information, in a very courteous and friendly manner, and I have never been the slightest bit offended at anything I've read from your posts. Folks are going to disagree sometimes, and may see in written word a different meaning than was intended because there's no opportunity for inflection of the voice nor facial expression. That's the real reason some people are so good at flaming posts and e-mails, 'cause there's nobody to see or hear, just the anonymity of the screen. I urge you to keep on with the good posts and great information, and am glad to have you as a fairminded moderator on this site. Thanks.

15. hey buddy your still the good ol boy in my book keep on postin my man!!!you ve been nothing but a helpful hand on this site. and your one of the main people that make it click.

16. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Jim, your post starting this thread reflects your true feelings, I'm sure.
    Well said.
    I have always enjoyed your posts and helpfulness to everyone. Thank-you for all of your help.

- Rumi

17. I Second All The Good Things Said Of Mrfisohio..your A Gentleman And A Scholar..

18. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

As others have stated i have enjoyed all your help and post. Only thing that has offended me is all those pics of nice big fish and iam not holding them LOL fish on good buddy.

19. I missed the post and i'm pissed i could not throw gas onto the fire...

Remember you spent a whole life time to develope your personality and quick wit..If a few don't understand that it's their lose..

As shulvhed1 would say," The world is full of boneheads and they seem to gather in forums "..

Keep up the post and get on the water!

Insane-------out

20. As someone who was included in the post, I feel you have no reason to apologize to anyone. It was just a joke and anyone should be able to see that. Being a mod shouldn't exclude you from having a little fun. Some people just don't know how to be social. :rolleyes:
    Ain't that the truth. :D