Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anything at St. Mary's...........

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by harrison08, Dec 9, 2004.

1. I have a buddy of mine that hasn't been able to fish for a while. Was wonderring if anything was going on up there. Are there any erch being caught from shore?

thanks in advance,

ps......... if anything is going on anywhere near sw ohio, please let me know
  2. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

I tried on the east bank last weekend and didnt catch a thing. Although I have heard they have been catching them on the west side.

3. Any good ice? if so anyone catching fish. Got this weekend off gotta get rid of this cabin fever
  4. i haven`t seen to many guys on the ice yet with all the flooding we had the ice just doesn`t look good at all. i steped out on it sunday at coldwater creek got out about 10 ft. and the ice started sagging and taking on water.the spillway in celina along st.rt. 127 might be a decent place to try this weekend,the water is back down and with the flood we had the spillway produces some nice catches of crappie ,walleye and perch. just fish it slow and you may be surprised.also the last time it flooded like this there were some nice flathead cats(10 to 30lbs) being pulled out. you may want to try indian lake or fort loramie. i heard today that some S-eyes and gills are being caught at both lakes. that was second hand but it came from a good source. hope this helps

Jerry i will be open sunday morning till about 1pm if you want to come up.
  5. Ice at st marys was about 7" around the west end of the lake. haven`t seen anything caught worth talking about.i did see a nice walleye(30") dead below the spillwayon the west side.if the temp comes up this weekend should pick up some.
  6. just checking to see if anything at all was going on up there. i have cabin fever bad, just want to get a line wet where something might be caught.
  7. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

there is ice out about 400 yds of the east bank. The channels/boat docks are ice covered on the st. marys side. Not enough to fish on of course but enough to hamper shore fishing. Not sure of the west side. Unless the weather improves we may be that way all weekend.