Ohio Game Fishing banner
221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
The end is near
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
I assumed it would when I saw the HC in the model number,,,,its still a nice looking carry! I have a hard time making myself carry a nice knife because I abuse them all the time.
420HC is Bucks current steel in alot of their knives including the magnificent 110. That and all these knives are given the Paul Bos heat treat. He/they are legendary. It's real hard to beat for 30 bucks. I plan on using the heck of if her. :)

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Here's my latest knife. It's called a Buck Slim Select. Basically the same as a Buck 110 with the same 420HC blade but in a slimmer and lighter version with synthetic handles. Also the blade is stone washed. It's only about 30 dollars and comes with Bucks lifetime guarantee.
View attachment 488315
That's a great blade for 30 bucks, Lazy. Did the old silver dollar come with it at that price?
I have been using quite a bit of 5160 lately, myself. I find it relatively easy to work with and a very easy quench. It also seems to be a little more rust-resistant than 1095 if polished to a mirror finish.

·
The end is near
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
That's a great blade for 30 bucks, Lazy. Did the old silver dollar come with it at that price?
I have been using quite a bit of 5160 lately, myself. I find it relatively easy to work with and a very easy quench. It also seems to be a little more rust-resistant than 1095 if polished to a mirror finish.
Negative on the morgan ghost rider. If so, it would of almost doubled the cost. :)
I was selling a knife on Bladeforums one time and I placed a dollar bill in the pic for size reference. Somebody said, is the dollar bill for sale to which I replied, sure, it'll cost you two dollars. :)

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Negative on the morgan ghost rider. If so, it would of almost doubled the cost. :)
I was selling a knife on Bladeforums one time and I placed a dollar bill in the pic for size reference. Somebody said, is the dollar bill for sale to which I replied, sure, it'll cost you two dollars. :)

FINALLY got my sisters veggie knife done. Not my best work, unfortunately. :mad:

Computer Peripheral Computer keyboard Input device Space bar

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
LOL.....sorry guys, i'm brown and orange to my soul!
This blade is for my sister, who, unfortunately resides in Pittsburg.

The emblems are golf ball markers one can get on-line. I can install them on any handle that is at least 1" form top to bottom. I can also get "any team".
A few years back i could get them in dime size, but i haven't been able to find the smaller ones lately.
If anyone know where i can find the dime sized ones, please let me know.

·
The end is near
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
His are very similar. I can’t remember where I got the pics. I really like kephart style knives for some reason. He was a woodsman and it’s just very interesting the life he lived.
Bob, I like Kephart knives as well. Ethan Becker who owns one of two of the original Colsessor Kephart knives said it best, they just work.
Here's my latest Kephart inspired knife. Done by David Mary in 8670 carbon steel. She has a sabre grind. Peter's heat treat.
This pic shows the knife and a dibbler of sorts that I carved out with the knife. The piece of wood on the right is the chestnut I used.

Plant Wood Kitchen utensil Tableware Cutlery

·
The end is near
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Bob, I like Kephart knives as well. Ethan Becker who owns one of two of the original Colsessor Kephart knives said it best, they just work.
Here's my latest Kephart inspired knife. Done by David Mary in 8670 carbon steel. She has a sabre grind. Peter's heat treat.
This pic shows the knife and a dibbler of sorts that I carved out with the knife. The piece of wood on the right is the chestnut I used.

View attachment 488437
Very nice!

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
How cool is that! Patterned off of one of my favorite lure colors, FireTiger!
If you had to pick just one color to fish with, FireTiger would be a good choice. It looks much better in person with the flip flop color changing haze that it has. He does great work.
Very nice job on the knife.
Great job on the sheath. 🤙
Thanks! I love it!

221 - 240 of 240 Posts