close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cheezemm2, Sep 3, 2004.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

I'm thinking I'm going to go down to the Big Darby by Trapper John's for some evening fishing...Anyone wanna go from 4-7 or so? Lemmie know, or shoot me a pm...plan on doing some wading!

2. I would go but The only way I know how to get to Big DArby is that little Fishing park can't remember the name, only have been there a few times though. What's the water like?If you want to meet me there I'll go.

3. cheezemm2

Very easy to get to. Take 71 south, and you'll get off on the 665 exit, you then take a right, you'll go over some railroad tracks, then head into DarbyDale...665 comes to an end and you'll take a left and stay straight on that road...You'll see Trapper John's on your right and you'll go maybe at the most 100ft more and there's parking on the left. That's it...plus if you need any additional directions you can call my cell. Just pm me if you think you'll need it.

-Jim

4. ill be fishing darby down that way this evening....alittle farther down than trapper johns, just b4 darby runs under 71...we own land right there......

5. cheezemm2

I did make it down to the Darby around 4 o'clock...caught 7 smallies, and two rockbass...I don't think anything was over 10"...Lots of people were already there and tramping through the holes w/dogs and such for the weekend, so I decided to make it a short trip...Quit fishing and worked my way back at about 6:30...met one very nice kayaker who stopped long enough to let me finish 2-3 casts in a small hole before he went through...thanked him and told him it's ok, he has the right of way :) There's not very much room to maneuver on the Darby when it's down...All in all, nice to be out, but still haven't found anything of size...Talked to another guy who was hunting hellgramites and claims to catch 11-13 fish in an hour on em...Just hope they're releasing...

I'm probably going to go again this Friday...if anyone wants to plan a trip pm me...especially if you know where I can find some bigger smallies!!!