close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone want to do some pike fishing Sunday?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Super Snagger, Mar 14, 2005.

1. I will be comming home this weekend to see the family and was planning on trying my luck at some pike fishing on the Tusc. River. I will be going on Sunday for 4 or 5 hours, morning early afternoon (Dover New Phila area). Anyone have any suggestions on were to go, what to use? Anyone want to join me? Thanks for the info Doug

2. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

try smithwick rogues in the natural shad patterns or the clown print. jerk them down and use long pauses between movements. i might fish sunday, dont know you but im always looking for new fishing buddies.

Brian

3. I'm going to try to make it Sunday, I'll know Saturday for sure. If I'm not floating I will try to get a hold of you. The more people the better when pike fishing. Have to check the weather on where to go. BIG chubs and what Bryan said will work.( Big shiners work too)

4. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

Gonna try pike/saugeye fishing on Wed. or Thurs. , probably around Dover/Phila , maybe the stillwater creek area too. chubs would probably be the ticket for pike... will post results. 'Rude Dog

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I would take you up on the Pike fishing trip sunday if I was going to be around. I have never fished for pike, so I have been itching to give it a try. I may try to hit the river on Saturday for a while. prob late afternoon. don't know where I will try. May try Dover poop plant, but depending on the fish, I may just try the place down my way that has been producing some saugeye. Now, only if I could find a place to get some chubs. :D

6. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

I'd ike to give it a try, if some one would tell me where to go to
    meet,I'd be there anytime from 9am on.

7. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

if you guys ever get something going on a saturday, i would be up for it. probably might try tappan on sat from shore.

8. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I will prob be fishing on Saturday too. I will prob just hit the river myself unless the pond trip tonight goes good. I may try a little of both Saturday though

9. I caught some big chubs and shiners on my ultralight today. Me and my brothers are gonna try the river for some pike tommorrow afternoon. Probaly at the dover treatment plant.

10. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

fished the dover water treatment plant yesterday, 1 light bite, thats all- didn't get a chance to put out my minnow trap for chubs in beaverdam creek, so just fished with crawlers, twister tail jigs , little cleos, mepps for pike- was good just to get out of the house- btw there has been a LOT of sand washed down the river- LOTS of new snags , too 'Rude Dog

11. I am planning on hitting the river behind the flea market on Sunday around 10AM, maybe I will see a couple of you there.