close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone want to canoe the Tusc.- Oct.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Action, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Planning a canoe trip for the 3rd weekend in October. If any of you would like to go and learn the area the canoes rent for $23 per canoe (2 people).
    Floating from Tuscarawas to Gnadenhutten. A couple of class 2's with one close to a class 3 along the way. Smallies and saugeye are the mainstays but you never know in this area. Everything from musky to mulletts. A regular boat will work too, it just takes more planning on the pick-up drop off thing.

2. There will probably be a few couples floating and fishing. Beautiful time of year to go down the river. Might be a good time to take the wife.(if there is a good time) :rolleyes:

3. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

count me and my wife in. sounds like fun.

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hey Action, I will try to get m,y uncles jonboat to float with ya! I would just do the canoe thing, but I have never been in a canoe. It may be more work than fishing for me! :p

5. If you have a good trolling motor and 2 good batteries you will be good to go, otherwise I recommend a canoe. After a few minutes of instruction and a couple of rapids you'll be OK. A canoe has alot of advantages in the river. I prefer a boat to a canoe if I have everything I need, but it's still a little hairy in places.

6. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Yeah I figured it owuld not be hard to get used to, but I am already used to the flatbottom with the trolling motor! I will have to see! I have never floated that stretch of the river, so I would like to try it out!

7. the boss and i love to canoe however we aren't to good with rapids. how tuff are these?

8. rockbass

rockbass Banned

the couple areas I know in that stretch are not bad at all. The one close to Gnaden here you just have top stay to one side and you are fine. All the areas will prob just depend on the water level at the time. you should be fine. I would think! This river is pretty tame down this way when the water is at a normal level.

9. Gnaden is the biggest but its all fun to go through. If you watch others go through and it doesn't appeal to you, the water is about 6" deep along the bank on one side. We crashed a flatbottom there about 10 years ago and still had a good day. We've had are girls follow us through when they were 10 and 11 and they did OK so I think it will be a pleasant rush at worst for you.
    There's a left hand sweep in Tuscy thats the scariest part of the whole deal and limblash is usually the worst result.

10. wil the canoe livery haul my canoe to the start piont? and if so for how much?