close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone want a Catholic shrine type statue enclosure?

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by NickRummy, Jul 9, 2007.

1. NickRummy

NickRummy

0   0   0

I'm not catholic so I don't even know what this is really called but I assume it holds a statue of Mary. It came with the house we bought and we aren't in need of it. A few churches showed some interest locally but never came through and got it. Figured I would give it one last shot here to see if someone knew of a church who wanted it or wanted it themselves. I haven't tried moving the base but it looks HEAVY. The pillars and roof seems to come apart. The base is 21" x 21" and it stands 63.5" tall. Has an opening of 9.5" x 9.5" x 27" for a statue. Not looking to get any money out of it. Just give it a good home. I can help deliver it if we can get it in the back of my truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

0   0   0

If you get no takers, you could put in dividers, close in the sides & make a multiple bird apartment house.

3. NickRummy

NickRummy

0   0   0

I gave that some thought and figured if anything we would keep the base and use it as a bird bath bottom but I'm not sure yet. I personally would rather it be gone to open up for some more yard space.

4. kmb411

kmb411

0   0   0

If I lived closer, I would take it, put it in the front yard. That would shut the neighbors up- they would stop gripping about the boat, coolers and what nots in the front yard!

It is cool looking!

5. NickRummy

NickRummy

0   0   0

All my friends want me to get out the masonry bit, pop a few holes into that base and pull out the M80s. I'm trying to make peace with my new neighbors. Not enemies :D

6. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

That is a nice piece and if I lived closer I would definitely take you up on that. My wife has a couple of statues in her flower gardens and that would really look nice in one. I would imagine that someone around there would take it for the same use.

7. NickRummy

NickRummy

0   0   0

I've got A LOT of emails about it actually. No one has really stepped up to the plate and made a time to come out and look at it though. It really is a nice piece. I hope it isn't damaged while moving it. The base really frightens me. It's sitting on a concrete slab so I'm not sure if it is just sitting on there or if they actually put mortar under it and it's attached. We'll see when that time comes I guess!

Just the base alone would make a nice sized base to get a statue up off the ground into the air a bit.

8. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

0   0   0

You got a taker! My son called me this morning to tell me about it and I think it is something I can use in the corner of the garden. I will have to talk again with my son when he gets home from work, but we can make arrangements to get it soon. Look forward to talking to you soon. D. Mayfield

9. NickRummy

NickRummy

0   0   0

Let me know ASAP. Lucky I checked this just now! I am supposed to call someone who emailed me but wanted to check here first! I'll PM you my cell.

10. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

0   0   0

nick i will call you my mom thinks its funny to post under my name must not have loged out at her house :eek: i will call you

11. capt.scott

capt.scott capt.scott

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

i am very interested and i will pick it up as soon as you want to if it is not already gone my cell number is 330-603-5201. i can pick it up tonight or when you what.scott

12. NickRummy

NickRummy

0   0   0

Sorry everyone but Fishingful stopped by tonight and destroyed it :D

Post up some pictures when it is standing again!

13. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

0   0   0

thanks again nick we are going to rebuild it fully in the spring at my moms new house just the base and top are going up till she moves ........some one sure dident want that thing moved but i sure hope i dident desacrate a grave

i left the best part for you to find out whats under that brick and concrete