close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone wanna go fishin' this weekend.

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by XL506, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Hey guys,
    Saturday, and Sunday I will be fishing. Havent really decided where yet. But, it will either be at Kiser Lake, or wading the GMR, or going to my " spot " on the mad river, to catch trout. ( 2 different locations: If I go to Kiser on Saturday, then I will try GMR or Mad River Sunday ).
    If anyone wants to meet up, and just get out of the house, and get a pole on the water ( and hopefully catch some fish ). Let me know.

Matt

2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

hey we mite try 2 go 2 kiser this weekend mb sunday. ill talk 2 my buds and get back with ya!

3. Sounds good. What will you be targeting? Wiper? If so, Ill go to the creek behind my house and fill up the livewell with creek chubs for us.

4. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

prolly wiper. did u catch them with chubs on the bottom?

5. They like the chubs live and movin', but also love Cut shad, and chicken livers on the bottom. Lately Ive been catching most on Cut shad and chicken livers ( in the 3 - 6LB range ). But the 10-12LBers cant pass up a nice, fat chub swimming around :D

6. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

have u ever tried throwing a rattle trap in shad color?

7. Yep, thats all I used for a while. I would use suspending minnows, Rattle Traps, and white ( shad colored ) Spinner baits. But, they don't do that good anymore. They still bite on them from time to time. But, they seem to prefer chubs, and etc now. And anymore... After a 50 hour week, sometimes I don't mind getting away, and throwing out a line on the bottom. and just sitting, and relaxing, and waiting.. And most importantly.. NOT WORKING :D

8. I'll be out @ Kiser saturday morning, but I will probably bring the kayak. I like to drift fish from my yak out there; I will be at the dam end drifting shad (live and cut) for cats/wipers. I have a bright orange yak - give me a hollar and I'll paddle over and BS for awhile - we can share some Kiser info as I have been fishing there for a long time as well.

9. Fish-n-fool. Sounds good. The 235 side of the lake ( with the spillway ) is about the only place I fish this late in the summer, because its the deeper end, and the fish stay around. Ill be the big 6ft3 guy with tattoos, and a maroon Jeep Grand Cherokee, with a big ole' crappie decal on the back window :D

My name is Matt, by the way.

10. I'll be a CJ Brown tomorrow if anyone wants to join. Haha.