close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone visit Tappen lately?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Skinner_deej, Jul 25, 2004.

1. I'm headed to Tappen next weekend for the first time all summer and was wondering if anyone has been there lately to point me in the right direction. I'm not targeting anything specific, just hope to take the boat out and do more than just give my lures a bath. I wouldn't mind getting into some saugeye, but then again, beggars can't be choosers.

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

stop by at cripple creek and talk to jim corey..he will sure guide you in the right direction..

3. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

The crankbait trollers are getting the quality 'Eyes at Tappan now, with fish in the 6 to 9+ pound range but no real numbers. Large , #8 and #9 Shad Raps in Gold/Black, Silver/Black, and Firetiger have been the best producers. According to reports, a boat speed of 2.5 to nearly 3mph, GPS SOG has been the triggering factor. Targeted water depth has been 9 to 12 feet. Much better numbers of small to medium size 'Eyes have been coming to the harness pullers and live bait riggers with crawlers and leeches being the top offerings. The water depths have been basically the same as for the trollers but boat speeds have been very slow.

4. Thanks for the info Corey. I'm headed down tomorrow and will be down there until Monday morning. I'll be sure to let ya'll know how it goes.