close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone use Zook Lures?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by shadesplace, Jun 18, 2007.

1. shadesplace

shadesplace Game Champion

Anyone out there ever seen or heard of Zook lures. if so what kind of luck have you had with the lure. I just bought 4 this weekend from the maker of the lure and tried them last night. I didn't catch anything yet but the lure has great action. Let me know.

If you have any pics of what you've caught post them here also.

Thanks

2. bwhntr4168

bwhntr4168 always take a child

i have used them before ,i like you bought them from floyd the maker, although unlike you i did catch a couple of fish on them certainly not enough to bragg about but the key to that lure is watching your line!!!

3. shadesplace

shadesplace Game Champion

I took them first time out to a small local pond in Moraine, Ohio at Deer Meadow Park. I have heard rumors this year that alot of the fish had died over the winter due to a disease. So far this year that rumor has been proven true because i have not caught anything in that pond all year.

I plan on taking them to Caesar Creek sometime soon to try them along the banks. The lures are incredible to watch in the water. I am amazed at the action it has. Floyd is a genius for his creative lure. I talked to him for a good 30 minutes this past Saturday. I have bought some before but due to misfortune in the water I lost them to some brush. This time around I bought some weedless lures.

Between the movement in the lure to the way it always lands with the trailer facing up is incredible. I am sure it will become my lure of choice.

4. Used them for several years. I’ve had better luck with the medium to large sizes (with a 4” purple finesse worm) for bass than the smaller ones for pan fish.