close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone up for a Jan. first fish-in(gathering)??

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by RiverRat, Dec 29, 2004.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Just reading Tim's post about wanting to know how the Scioto R. looked for fishing on the 1st, got me thinking maybe we all can get together and fish for our first carp of 2005...what do ya say?

Im in, but dont want to fish alone...come on Ak, i know you'll go??

Scott

I know CAG runs a FFF event starting at mid-night, but we can wait til sun up(or later) for sure...lol

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i will be there...looks like the river will be fishable afterall..i see it thawed out by the greenlawn dam..
    heading out to chum on friday afternoon.. will post the latest conditions then..

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Dang, now I got to go..I am gonna hit the scioto tomorrow afternoon.

4. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Jack im telling ya it looked GREAT down by where i took you before for flatheads....completely ice free and looked perfect level. Dang hunters anyway..geez!

AK......SWEET, i'll get my chum brewing too..plus i got a few NEW baits to try out...lol
    I'll give my buddys Jake & Dave a shout and see if they want to go too.
    Maybe i'll hit it Sunday also?..lol

Hey what time FRIDAY are you going to go chum? are ya going to take a rod too???
    Hows the SNAGS been where you, Bill and Sean fished???

Scott

5. crappielooker

not sure when i'll make it down there friday, give me a call sometime friday..and yeah..i might drop in a line while i'm chummin out the place..
    snags aren't too bad there.. i dont think..

6. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

LOL...famous last words......"i dont think?"...lol

Cool, my son Christopher's B-day is Thursday so im booked for then, but friday looks very good....hey didnt you change your cell # since you've moved to Columbus? Im not sure i have it written down...shoot me a PM with it and i'll call ya around noonish on friday if thats cool....yea not too fun to go to the water to chum ONLY...should take atleast ONE rod..lol.
    I'll probably bring a 2nd rod with just a weight on it to check for CLEAR spots(if there is any?)...lol
    Scott

7. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Hey guys, how does Alum look right now (in case COSI is unfishable)?

8. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Tim i would guess it looks like all of the lakes around here..iced over!!
    I know we have a warming trend going on, but it wont effect the real thick ice for awhile.

Only water that i know of right now thats open around here is the Scioto river.
    I think it our ONLY shot in Columbus......BUT i do know a spot on the Ohio that
    is a bit warmer water than normal and an angler has reported a CARP being caught on chicken liver just the other day(wink). I will be checking this spot out for myself very soon.

But the scioto is a good bet and we know fish are there.(will they bite is another question)

Scott

9. crappielooker

drove by cosi today..looks like it maybe fishable..

10. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Drove by it just a few mins. ago......
    I posted on the other thread about it.
    With all the ice bergs and fast flow could we fish it saturday.......not sure, but its looking sad to me personally!!

Scott

11. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Well with this news it looks like I stay home tomorrow. I might still try to fish seeing as the temps might have the bite on but I sure won't be hitting any rivers (maybe Stonelick).