close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anyone up fishing the scioto in canoe?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CPTN.CROWN, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Im thinking of hitting scioto tomorrow. DUblin area, launch @ leather lips and paddle up close to the dam. I hear there are some nice smallies and eyes being caught up there. Problem is not in any shape to do it by myself. Anyone up for a afternoon trip? I just need to know sometime tonight so i can go get the canoe! I got everything but a passenger! ;)

2. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I'm up for it if you want to go tomorrow. PM me.

3. you're going to be carrying 5the canoe more than paddleing it. There's hardly any water down by the bend and you can walk accross the whole thing up to your ankles.........

4. We had a pretty good time out there. Caught my first Sciotlo River smallie. Biggest was about 14-16" range. Hooked into somthing that took us for a ride. We were probably 20yards up stream from the fish pullin the canoe. 15 minutes later had a 27" 9lb9oz carp. Man was that fun on a 5'6 St. Croix ultralight with 4lb test.

Mike i had a good time. Hopefully we can get on darby in 2 weeks, if my back is up for it. Talked to my bro, and if we dont get some rain, buddy is going to shut trapper johns down. What we should probably do is launch on broad st, and float down to the park. Take 10-12dozen crawls and hold on!