Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these Magnum Rapala's in a tackle box that used to be my Granpa's.I think he used them for pike.I was wondering if anyone has ever tried them for eyes?If so,any luck?I compared them to a taildancer & reefrunner. Bait Surface lure Fishing bait Fishing lure Spoon lure

Fish hook Surface lure Bait Spoon lure Fishing bait

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've used those trolling for northerns in Canada but have not tried them for eyes. Used to troll #18 Rapalas about 10 years ago in the fall for eyes w/ good success. Have not tried those magnums.

·
Registered
414 Posts
size wise they seem to be close to the size of the new 900 ripsticks and the f18 rapalas so i think that they would work unless the action on them is to aggressive but wouldn't think that it would be

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,058 Posts
I have run them and other large baits for the night bite with good success. The F-18's as well!

DC
Heck a 1/4oz rooster tail is big to Larry. Harharharhar!!!

I have 2 large x-raps in that color pattern I had high hopes for, so far nothing on them. You probably get a few on that bait, but I think you'd be better off with the rr/td size baits.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Largest walleye I have ever seen come to a net in my hands came on a Rapala Monster Shad.

That is one big bait...and one big fish ate it.

·
fished with Noah
279 Posts
My buddy & I used to troll poes 400's about 90-120 ft back. They always seemed good for that occasional 7-8 lb fish that rounds out the day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts