close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anyone tried these yet?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by discgolfer, Feb 27, 2005.

1. they look deadly. wildeye swim shad made by storm. 4" long soft body bait molded on a jig head. mmmmmmmmmmmm baby bass holographic paint :D :D :D i cant wait to try these.

2. i suppose i could have taken a pic of them, but your way is better anyhow.

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I used them last year. I used the 2 inch ones in the river for smallies. I did not catch anything on the 5 inch ones I had, but did not use them a lot.

4. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

I bought some in Bluegill pattern last summer or fall, but the ones I got also had trebles hanging off the belly. Only used them a couple times and they were snag magnets. They DO look great, though. If they were a little better balanced I would try them through the ice for walleye.

5. yeah, i saw the type with the trebles. they looked pretty snaggy. storm shows several types here http://stormlures.com/whatsnew/index.html the wildeye swim shad isnt shown though.

what kind of retrieves worked for you? it looks like jigging or working like a jerkbait would do the trick.

6. Those swimbaits with the hook on top are becoming more & more popular for rippin' through weeds in mid summer. I know they sure love em on that Fishing Secrets show or whatever it's called. The one with Doug Stange from the old In-Fish.

7. JBJ

JBJ

I had a customer telling me that he runs these as a trailer to a swimming jig with good results. He just ties them via a leader to the jig eye. Haven't tried it myself...

8. that sounds like a good idea. i cant wait to get these things wet
    :D

9. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

had some of them, didnt like them so they went to the bottom of the drink. something about pre rig'd plastics i just dont like....

Sowbelly.