Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of getting a CDL,I have driven trucks alot on construction sites and such and smaller trucks which do not require a CDL.
I have already passed the written General Knowledge test for a CDL class B w/air brake. What can i expect the driving test to be like??????? Anyone know?

·
Registered
887 Posts
WARNING: this is what I had to do 6 years ago to graduate school in Indiana and get my CDL A. I have no idea what the test is for class B, or if these things are the school's regualtions or governments. Don't hold me to these.

When I took it, it was made up of two parts, the skills part and the road part. Skills part involved straight backing through cones for a certain distance, appoaching a makeshift (cones lined up) dock and backing into it without going too far back, and parallel parking the trailer.

The road part involved doing a good pre trip inspection, a brake pump down to test the low air buzzer and emergency brake, and finally going out on the road and driving a bit.

I think this was all I did for Class A, and like I said, I am not sure how it works but this may give you a decent idea.

Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts