Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like there is a huge group for the Turtle Greek gathering. I bet you guys will have a great time.

I'll be hitting the reefs for the first time Sunday. Plan on getting my jigs at Happy Hooker on the way.

Since it seems the Wildwings ramp will be extra busy can someone suggest a different ramp close to the reefs and bait shop? I get nervous launching in front of all you pros!

Thanks and good luck!
G.H.

·
761 Posts
I would not launch at Wildwings just because of the $10 fee instead of the $5 everyone else charges. All the ramps will be crowded with this great weather. Most of us are launching from Turtle Creek campgrounds, just down Humphrey Rd across from the Happy Hooker - Fenwick is on Rt. 2 just west of HH. I think there is another launch just past Turtle Creek campgrounds, not sure.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,083 Posts
It looks like there is a huge group for the Turtle Greek gathering. I bet you guys will have a great time.

I'll be hitting the reefs for the first time Sunday. Plan on getting my jigs at Happy Hooker on the way.

Since it seems the Wildwings ramp will be extra busy can someone suggest a different ramp close to the reefs and bait shop? I get nervous launching in front of all you pros!

Thanks and good luck!
G.H.
hey gut hook. don't be nervous. everybody has had their problems at the ramps. if they say they didnt....

i dropped my keys in about 10 feet of water last year at the public ramps in vermilion, just parked and was stepping in the boat, went to pocket my keys and plop:mad: there were several boats waiting. i didn't move until i found them. took a swim to find them and everyone was very pissed off at me. so theres my bad story. don't worry about launching infront of anyone. besides that you'll probably be better off because there will be tons of help too.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I never have a problem launching or recovering..............

until there's 20 boats waiting:D

sure as there are little green apples....give me an audience and I will look like a first timer.

same thing goes for first to tee off on a Sunday morning at a nice CC with about 6 groups waiting.

guaranteed to drive a worm burner right into the woods to the right.

here's a funny one though....a month ago I took the wife and daughter to Portage Old State park. we fished for a few hours, and then it was time to go....I figured, it's slow, I'll teach the wife how to trailer the boat when I back the truck up.....so I do....

the wind starts blowing, a line starts forming, the electric motor dies, and she's driving around in circles in the water while I and every other married guy on the shore stood there laughing at her, the kid, and the dog spinning in circles...

oh by the way....she did not think that was too funny...........but she did get it done after a few tries.

·
Registered
169 Posts
we filled coolers both days........jigged on both mornings, then trolled for a while to check out the little trolling setup I built for the boat....figured I'd get the bugs out before I HAD to troll to find fish.

jigging was quick, with limits of 18-19 inchers in hour. Even my 7 yr old caught her fish.

trolling a purple reef runner in 16 ft of water I got a nice 6 pound 25 1/2 incher., and was pretty happy with my setup....

we were a half mile sw OF THE REEF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts