close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone seen this pond?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Skizzy Rotum, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Hey everyone. Awhile back I drove down Century Blvd off Kemper in Springdale. Out by the Vineyard church. I saw what look like a decent sized pond. I didn't have my fishing gear with me at the time to at least throw out a few casts. I didn't see any signs that said "No Fishing" or "No Trespassing", Anyone else seen this place? If you go to the Dicks or Best Buy in Tri-County it sits behind both of these. It looked clean with a lot of vegetation and plenty of birds diving into the water so at least I know there are some baitfish in it. Let me know if this is worthy of fishing, I only work 5 minutes from this location.

Jake

2. I know the pond your talking about. Haven't fished it myself, and never really seen anyone fishing it. I use to fish a pond next to the Chuck e Cheese behind some office building a little further up on Kemper a few years back. Caught some bass and bluegill out of it.

3. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

I am not sure but I think the pond was built when they put the buildings up out there maybe 10 years. I don't get out that way much but if they put any fish in it it could be good. If you didn't notice any foot paths around the bank it may not fish well or its just not known, however it will be now so fish it sooner that later. S

4. I believe it belongs to the church back there. The company I work for was looking at proprety next door to that pond. I knew where I was going at lunch time. Unfortunately, they didn't buy it.

5. I happened to be out that way this evening and decided to drive back there and check it out. It looks like the water is way down right now, but it also looks like it's begging for a pole. I was tempted to go into the daycare right next to it and see if they cared if I fished, but I didn't have my gear with me. If anyone finds out if you can fish there, let us know!

6. jellywormer

jellywormer Waiting for the tap tap.

I attend church there and have been down at that pond on numerous occasions. I even brought a pole once and made some casts. I gotta tell you, all I have ever seen in there are goldfish- gazillions of them and nothing else. Not even a bluegill. Its super shallow. I have walked every foot of that bank and have seen nothing other than goldfish. The church, to my knowledge, doesn't mind people stopping by and fishing. There are signs to be careful but nothing about no fishing etc. Years ago when I started attending there I was excited by the prospect of having a pond like that at my disposal. It was a bust.

Just my 2 cents. If someone wants to give it a try - have at it. I personally would be thrilled to know there were some fish in there.

7. What size goldfish are we talking about here?

8. jellywormer

jellywormer Waiting for the tap tap.

Mostly small (4-6 inches) Some are a little bigger. I don't recall real big ones though they could be in there I guess.