Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across these at the sportsman show this year. Just wondering if they actually work. My boat isn't a "trolling" boat, but if these work it definaltely could be turned into one for a few trips a year. They claim that you don't need trolling rods and that they can be used on any normal action rod and reel. I'm thinking about picking up a few to try out.

What's the popular trolling range through-out the Summer in the Central basin? 30'-50'?

Thanks! Link below... I thought I put this in the tackle forum, guess not.

https://ssl10.securedata.net/gapen/tackle3.html

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Interesting post....never heard of it. Going to look at it closer when time permits.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Parmabass,

The concept is another version of the Offshore Tackle's snap weight. They are available at about any bait shop and come in weights up to 4 oz. you can have some custom weights in 6 an 8 oz made, as well. Just another idea.

Tim

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Anything that consistently puts your bait in front of the fish will work. The bait walker and poor man's d'rigger are nothing more than short shafted bottom bouncers. I remember gapen's famous bait-walking sinker from when I was a kid....long before anyone ever heard of a bottom bouncer. Thanks for the trip down memory lane ;).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts