close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone remember the headboat "Clevelander"?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jennis9, Jun 26, 2008.

1. jennis9

jennis9 Fish against the fish...

Late eighties, early nineties... I used to go out from Scranton road on a boat named the Clevelander... anyone remember this one? What happened to it?

2. Crazy horse had a "head" boat leaving each evening around the same timeframe. Used to fish for night walleyes off edgewater (government pier) and see (hear) the boat cruise through.

3. jennis9

jennis9 Fish against the fish...

SC - you are off topic. Not appreciated.

BlueMax likes this.
  4. The only boat that runs out of the Cuyahoga now is "The Holiday". They load up down on Scranton Rd. too. $30 for a 6 hr perch trip.

5. This goes way back but I remember, it was docked by Jim's steak house in the flats. It was modified from a fireboat and run by Hal Ritchey who sold it to his first mate John who moved the boat to Huron. This was in the late eighties, I made many trips on it Clevelander-s.jpg ! I think the boat is still around doing charters.

nuttycrappie and Slatebar like this.
  6. I remember the Clevelander and the "Wanell" I think that's how you spell it. Fished from them both when I was a kid.

Wes

bajuski likes this.
  7. A few years ago the Clevelander was docked out of Sawmill, then it mover to Battery park in Sandusky. John LISLE[SPELLING?] had it then. Lost track of it this year.

http://www.clevelandercharters.com/

bajuski likes this.
  8. I was told by a man that was John's first mate a few years back, that the boat was sold. He said it was originally an old PT Boat and that it brought quite a price. John afterward bought a different boat, calling it the "Clevelander 2", think it was based out of Sandusky for a while. I'm sure there's more to this story, I may contact my friend and get details.

9. capt j-rod

capt j-rod member

A few years ago she was running out of Sandusky behind the police station. Looks way different than the pic, may be the clevelander 2?

10. Clevelander still running out of Sandusky,new boat this year,done well on three trips this year.I fished the Wannel many times and Holiday a lot of great times.