close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone Own one of these?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by fishintiger, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Fisher 1600 series boat. I was just wondering if anyone owned one of these. I was at Delta Marine over the weekend and they were having a "sale" on this boat. Hell it could have been regular price. They were selling this boat with a 9.9 Merc. for I think $9,750. I know it was a little under $10,000. Is this a good price on this boat? I was just wondering what some of you guys thought of this boat. I was also wondering how heavy it is trailor/boat everything total. I have a little Ford Ranger and I think it has a max of 2,000 pounds towing. Any info would be great. Thanks.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i don't know about the particular model,but fisher makes some good boats.you've fished out of one before.if you get my drift :D ;)
    but i'd look somewhere besides delta.
    my opinion of them is far lower than that of the boats :rolleyes:
    and i'm sure a lot of people will agree.

3. I don't think I've fished out of one before. I've fished out of my boat which isn't a fisher brand, Sowbellies boat and it's a tracker, and fishinfusion's but I'm not sure what brand his was. So I'm pretty sure I haven't. Oh wait. I forgot one. Your's. :D Your boat has held up and they look like they are good boats. I've heard the same thing from some other people about their "customer service". Who else around here sells them? The guy I talked to said I would have no problem towing the boat with my truck. But why would he tell me that I couldn't tow it? He was trying to make a sale. I think BPS sells them but that's a pretty far drive just to buy a boat. By the way does BPS have boats on site or do they have to order them from the builder?

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

is your truck a 4 popper or 6?yes,he'd tell you anything to make a sale,but i think if you have a 6 cylinder,it would pull it.i'll do a little research.

ps...............did you hit the lottery or something? :D ;)

5. BPS does have boats at the store in Cincy but only Trackers. I think that Tracker and Fisher are made by the same people.

6. My truck is a 6. Got's lot's of ponies under the hood. :rolleyes: I looked at Fisher's website and I think it said it was like 860 pounds but it doesn't say if that's just the boat or if that includes the trailor too.

I wish I hit the lottery. The craziest thing was I went over there to buy a replacement pull cord and was just looking around and seen the price and I thought it was a pretty good deal. So Laura and I were talking later that night and I mentioned it and she said well if we pay off some bills and get everything back in line you can buy one. :eek: I damn near wrecked the truck I was so surprised. I think we both realized that the boat we have is a little too small seeing as how we now have two little ones that like to fish and I would like to take them out on a boat. Can I borrow oh say $10,000? I'll pay it back eventually. Or I can take you out on my new boat and we can call it even. :rolleyes:

7. Thanks twist. They sell Fisher's too don't they or do they just sell Trackers?

8. Trackers were the only ones I saw down there. I know they have some pretty good package deals also.

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i think the fisher is a better boat.NOyou can't borrow $10,000 cause i don't have it :rolleyes:
    but i've got about 10 if it'll help :D
    but you can still take me for a ride :D
    are you looking at the console or stick steering?they both have advantages(to me,at least).
    i didn't notive the difference in seating,but the console may be better suited for taking your little buddies.
    the closest dealer i found is miamiesburg,but it might be worth the drive(an hour or so),if you could get a deal,and they're reputable.can't be worse than the "other" place ;)

10. I guess $10 is a start. Now I only need $9,990. Can your wife let me borrow the money? :D Maybe I can take up a collection. I'm sure I would eventually get enough to buy one. I was looking at the console steering. I think that would also be better to accomidate everyone. I assume (I know what that does) that since they offer the package with a 9.9 that the boat is light enough to be pushed around with it.

I just got a great idea. I'm getting married in September, I wonder if you can do a wedding registry at a Marina? What could be a better wedding gift? :rolleyes:

11. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

the 9.9 would push it,but i have a suggestion on that ;) .and your truck would tow it.i'll shoot you a pm with a link to the dealer if you want to contact them for prices.

12. I think I know what you are hinting at. Choose a different lake to fish and get a bigger motor? :confused: :rolleyes: Send me the link and I'll take a look. Thanks for your help.

13. I was in Delta Marine last year and they sold Fisher -- I remember specifically because the salesman gave my kid a Fisher hat. As far as I can tell, at least in terms of the hull, Fisher is exactly the same as a Tracker. I was looking on the Fisher and Tracker web sites last summer thinking of just buying an unfinished jon boat and they look the same and all the specs (beam, length, etc.) appeared to be identical between the two. I think the salesman at Delta even agreed with me that Fisher and Tracker are basically the same boat -- kind Chevy vs. Pontiac...

On Pauls Marine -- I bought my boat from them used last summer. I dealt with two different guys. One was a real disaster, and left me just standing real quick when he saw somebody willing to spend more than 3 grand. But the guy I grabbed after him (Randy, I think?) did alright by me. I think he said he was a new guy.

So, I have no real complaints about Paul's in my limited experience, even though there is a post from last summer on this board where tons of people said lots of bad things about them...

Anyhow, call Delta Marine (in Reynoldsburg) if you want a second price on a Fisher...

chip

14. Getting married in September :eek: dont bother getting a boat, you wont have time to fish! HA :D
    You might want to check www.boattraderonline.com lots of boast just a few years old and a lot cheaper than brand new.

15. Good thing about it is she gets mad if I want to go with out her. So I'm sure getting out and fishing won't be a problem.

Dr Chip. I know Delta Marine sells Fisher boats. That's where I was at. I was wondering if Bass Pro sold Fisher's also. I agree with you. I think Fisher and Tracker are the same boat. Well they look close enough to me.

16. I bought a tracker 17.5 2 yrs ago and its been a good all around boat for me. 75 hp merc, motorguide trolling motor ( wish it was a minkota) fish finder for 13,000. My 6 banger pulls it pretty easy. I have used it in the rivers, small ponds and even out in lake erie.

17. :C Iffen you want to spend 10,000 on a boat , I would take a long look at a Lund. I bought a used one about 10 years ago , master angler was the model. I will keep this boat until I die. Others may tell you different but I personally do not think you can beat a Lund.

18. Lund is probably the best made aluminum boat, I agree with papaperch. Id even go as far as saying that lund is to aluminum boats as rangers are to fiberglass bass boats. Simply the best!
    J