close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anyone out on CJ this AM

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bmffishing247, Jun 10, 2007.

1. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

Was out testing my boat for a guy who bought it just was wondering if anyone was out and about and any good reports

Jesse

2. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

I was out from 6:00 to 11:00. There was an unpleasant wind from the North - Northeast. The sky was bright but it stayed pretty cold all morning. Water temp around 72. I got five 13 - 14" short Walleyes and one 16" keeper. Missed a few others. One boat had C & R'd a "4 - 5 pound Smallmouth." Another said he had 4 keeper Walleye today and 4 others yesterday. Others were skunked to my knowleges. I gave my keeper to eyeguy. He and Hotntot did better today and were still on the water at 1:00 P.M. I'll let them do their own report.

See you out there.

MC

3. Was out yesterday morning. Caught 2 shorties in about 6ft of water, no keeper eyes. Caught a couple WB and Channels... Did some exploring. Some of those humps get really shallow near the no wake, suprised pleasure boaters go zooming around near there with trees sticking up at surface level.

I am thinking about going this evening, but my dad is out golfing. If someone wants to ride in the front of a scanoe and try to catch some eyes with someone who doesn't know where any are at, PM me. :p

4. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

I was out at cjb sat. nite trollin and caught a hammerhandle (11in) a couple WB and crappie. Then sun morn got out late but trolled around caught another shorty (9in.) then sum more small crappies out at the marina. I think i mite hav seen u BlueBoat jiggin in the gravel pit. sorry i trolled rite past u if i did. (im a novice driver only 13). It was a good 2 days all in all but it was packed saturday nite WHHHHOOOOOO! both walleye caught in front of campgrounds pt. on the humps. In my minnows i had a baby walleye prolly an inch long. couldnt believe it i let it go. that will b my 28in someday-haha :D

5. From 6:30 until about 12:30 caught a few catfish and crappie. Fished the old RR bed in north end plus another short ridge up there. Tried the humps off the campground, a short ridge north of the bouy line and some deeper water out from the Crabell house. Moved to the gravel pit about 12:30 just as Blueboat left. Stayed there until we ran out of worms, about 4pm. Caught around 20 short fish a 16, two 18" and lost 3 other nice fish we did not see. Like to think they were walleye. Caught everything on jig and worm. Have yet to catch anything on a jigging spoon yet this year. That was my go to rig last year.

6. BlueBoat98

NSOF, yup, that was me. Props to your parental unit for taking you out on a Sunday morning. My advice - learn to jig. It's more energy efficient and really a lot of fun. Everyone who posted or that I saw with keepers today was jigging with 1/2 nightcrawler.

Dave, glad to see you have joined up and are posting in the forum. We need some more "experienced" hands chiming in here. You might want to check your watch, though. I was home by noon and that was after talking to the DNR survey guy and getting gas on the way home. I knew there were some more fish to be found there but I had to "git."

See you out there.

MC

7. Was out with Hotntot yesterday and finally got into some keeper fish. The bite was pretty slow to start, but started to feed late morn into early afternoon..We ended the day with 6 good ones (largest was a 19.5) + the one from blueboat in the box, but didnt get off the lake till 3:30 or so ---there were alot of pleasure boaters which had the lake rollen from every direction (what a mess) We were keeping an eye out on Troy Dave over around the gravel pit and saw there net out--- here and there...thought they were really into-em over there!!! What a beautiful day on the lake:D
    Sat---was out until noon (2) keepers.

8. Fished from 6:30 – noon; one 18” eye and a mixed bag of crappie, white bass and cats (mostly small cats!). Fished the old RR bed in north end on a 10’ hump; my GPS wasn’t working so pretty much stayed put.

9. Was out last night from 6pm til dark, trolling mostly, just because I seem to have trouble finding these "humps". Caught one small eye in about 10' of water.

I did find a "hump" that came up to about 4' deep, but most of the water seemed to be 15-20' deep off of that point south of the no wake zone.

10. We were out Sunday morning and only landed 1 walleye about 14 inches but had one on the line that was easily 18, just didn't get it in the boat. All our hits were on a worm tip jig.

I did manage to hook mysef. Cleaning the paint out of a jig head, slipped and buried the jig through my fingernail. Borrowed some wire cutters from somebody on the ramp to cut the head off the jig. For those of you who don'e know, the hospital signs are easy to follow from the lake!

11. BlueBoat98

Chemlab187,

You're too far North for the main creek channel humps. That four foot spot is in what we call the Campground area. Sometimes there are actually Walleyes there but it's not what we call the "humps." You should be looking for about 9 to 12 fow that runs north and south for about 1/4 mile or so. Just to the west of the humps is the old creek channel that rapidly drops off to 17 - 19 feet. It's a pretty big area and, although some spots are better than others, when the fish are there they are all over it. If you can't find it your best bet is to get out there when there are other fishermen in the area. It's not like it's a big secret or anything. We are accustomed to be fairly close together as long as everyone maintains control of their boat and doesn't "paylake" another guy. If you have a GPS lock in the waypoints and they will serve you well for years to come.

See you out there.

MC