close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone On Here Ice Fish Pymatuning lake

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Fish On, Feb 10, 2005.

1. I have Ice fished Pymatuning Lake several times this year with no luck at all . I mainly chase after gills and crappies can anyone point me in the right direction on where to find them in pyma .. When I fish other lakes or Presque Isle I fish I have no problem catching them at all ... All I do Is look for weeds or structure, and If you find weeds or structure believe me you will catch gills and crappies NO PROBLEM !! But when I go to Pyma It's like fishing the Dead Sea ... I have an Aqua-Vu and Vexilar and have searched , it's like weed dont exist in that lake in the winter ....In the summer the weeds are so thick they get jammed up in your prop ...What give's here ??? ...ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

2. Well for one thing Pymatuning is loaded with milfoil which is an annual, meaning it dies off in late fall and grows back in the spring. The other primary structure is stumps. Shallow stumps north of the causeway and deeper stumps south. Also, the state planted tons of brush/fish attractors just outside the marina breakwall north of the causeway on the east side. You may want to stop in one of the local bait shops with a lake map and ask them to mark the major stump fields for you. Good luck.