close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone looking a Good Net Man?

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by H2O Mellon, Apr 11, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

.......... After 2 years of no cats, the curse was broken Sat, so here is the long awaited SMACk........

FYI: If anyone is in need of a very good, reliable NET boy, I highly recomend Flathunter! :D He was real good over the weekend. Oh, yea, just dont let him weight the :B :D

2. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

LOL! BURNED!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Just for that

I want my rod holders back!

Wait till saturday, you will get some net practice :D

4. dip

dip dip

this is a RIOT!!!!!!!!! :S :rolleyes:

5. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

It is just like when I fish with DIP. He is always netting my fish. And always crying about taking the good side.

bill

6. catking

catking Banned

Mellon Head BURNS flatLESShunter :D ...............

7. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

lol mellon..i love that line of yours..especially the "long awaited smack" bit..
    and oohh yes, it burns.. :)

8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

So, tell the tale of the tapes...what kind, how big, etc, etc.

9. flathunter

10. flathunter

Bryan got extremly lucky, and I am sure he will not catch another fish all year.

11. flathunter

Da Mellon played net boy for me tonight, on my 1 stinking fish!

12. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Thanks for the offer Mellon, but we hand land our flatheads up here..just a nice Kevlar glove works fine.....but if i was to switch to nets for cats, i'll give ya a shout.

Now for carping we always use a net, they dont have a handle to grab onto like a flathead bottom jaw...almost impossible to land the big ones without a net, i learned that one pretty fast. They are the only species i hunt for that i use a net and the nets are big enough for the largest flatheads in the State..geez..i have a Fox 32" triangle shaped net..and a 42" Badger too.
    Good luck with the cattin guys.

Scott

13. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

If you try to lip a flat at some of Jack's spots you are gonna be floating down the scioto or at best clinging to a muddy bank soaking wet. A couple I've seen are steep and muddy and without a net you wouldn't get'm in.

bill

14. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Bill, ask Jack if my spots look like his...the river is more sand and gravel in more spots than around my area....but the spots are not easy to get into and if you slip...its cat bait you are....lol. LOTS og high bank deep bends.

Ive always messed with "newbies" into my spot.....i tell them i'd give them $100 to swim accrossed the "hole" and back...at night....never had a taker yet!! Only thing that would be going through my mind is the music from Jaws...geez!
    Plus the spot i fish is 25ft. deep with oak trees everywhere.

Scott