close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone know any good small mouth creeks in west carrollton

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by shadesplace, Jul 23, 2007.

1. shadesplace

shadesplace Game Champion

Anyone know any good small mouth creeks in west carrollton? I am planning on going after work. Someone told me about going out w. carrollton soilders home rd and turning onto manning but I am unclear of the area.

Does anyone know of this area and directions?

Greatly appreciated.

2. Holes creek in Moraine is OK for the first half mile up the creek from GMR. I haven't been in a couple of years but I always used to pull about a half dozen or so small ones in an hour or two of fishing. Never any big ones but 10"-14"ers on ultralight are still fun. I used to pull a lot of 8-12" channel cats on lures out of there as well. It is kinda like the GMR fish hatchery up there.
    Good luck.

3. thats bear creek. it has more rocky bass than smallmouth i was raised up right past that bridge so i got my creek scoolin there but there are some nice smallmouth to be caught between the manning rd and miamisburg soldershome rd bridge. thats if it hasnt been filed in in the past 7 years

4. I did very well at the spot on bear creek, just past the manning rd bridge. it's been a few months but it does hold fish!