close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone interested in a trip to Lake Champlain 4th of July week?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Buckeye1955, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Buckeye1955

Buckeye1955 Marietta River Runner

I had reservations at Henry's Sportsman's Cabins starting June 28th - July 12th (two separate weeks - two different cabins) and had to cancel. It is rare that an opening comes up for there. At Alburg, Vt on Lake Champlain. Terrific fishing! Largemouth, smallmouth, pike, walleye. Sheltered area - easy to fish out of the wind on a windy day. Golf courses/restaurants/antique stores near-by for the family. 10 hour drive from northern Ohio. Great camp with nice cabins and great dock with swim platform. Wonderful family owns it. I hated to leave them in the lurch on the cabin rental and I hope someone will be interested. I have pictures if you would like to see it.

Gwen & Bob Brown, 218 Poor Farm Road, South Alburg, VT 05440
    Tel. (802) 796-3616

Here is the web site.

http://www.vermontproperty.com/detail/Vermont/lake-champlain-rentals/139/

2. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

What are the rates? couldn't find them on the site.
    Did you get a Full refund when you cancelled?

3. Buckeye1955

I believe the 3BR cabin I had reserved over the 4th is $650 per week. Give them a call and you can get all the info and the cancellation policy. They are great people to deal with. I posted the info on several forums, so I would guess they will fill the opening quickly. If you are interested, I wouldn't wait too long to call. Some of the people who were there last year had been coming 20 years or more and some several times a year. It is a beautiful lake and the camp is perfect for both serious fishermen or families. There are usually several families just vacationing and not fishing at all. We always went just for the fishing.

4. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

"Anyone interested in a trip to Lake Champlain 4th of July week? "

I think that there might be...I don't know...maybe 12,000 interested parties on this site. I am, but I'm also one of those that can't possibly pull it off due to work. :( Responsability SUCKS!!!!!

5. Buckeye1955

Yea I know. I was just hoping some of the retirees or someone that had that week off and hadn't made plans would be interested. The Browns have treated me great over the years and with their summer short season up there, I hate to see the cabins empty.