close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone in Mansfield??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mushijobah, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Is there anyone located in or around Mansfield that I can share reports with or get advice from? Also, what forum should I use, Central Ohio? I will be moving up there for college in september. Thanks!!

2. I live in Cleveland now but I'm originally from Mansfield. What college will you be attending? Most Mansfield reports (not that there's a ton of them) are in the Central forum.

3. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

OSU Branch....Only going there for a year.

4. I live in Mansfield,whatcha need? PM me for any fishing info you may need on the area.

5. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Mushijobah I went to school up there there is some great fishing up that way. I fish with river alot you should diff PM him he can give you some great advice for that area.

6. I live in Mansfield,all my life so far.Fishing isn`t as good as it use to be.That`s why I try to get up to lake erie whenever I can.Where do you live river walker?

7. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

I would definetly like to learn the lakes up there, I will be bringing my boat. I would also like to learn the rivers. Which ones hold trout?

8. Walleye60,I live in the woodland area,near the art center.I don't know,to me the fishing in this area is great.You have CF and Knox Lakes,2 of the best bass lakes in Ohio,plus CF is the number one muskie lake in Ohio.We have an excellent fall and winter saugeye fishery below a couple of the local dams,and a ton of great smallmouth streams in the near vicinity.The Clear Fork Creek above and below Pleasant Hill Lake is a good trout stream,as are a few smaller streams in the area,such as Pine Run.C.Mill is a great catfish and crappie lake,as well as pretty decent for bass also.I could go on and on,there really is good fishing around here,you just have to go and experience it for yourself,hopefully,you'll find a couple sweet spots.

9. If you want to get into some good steelhead fishing, come on up a little more north to the rivers that feed into Lake Erie. It's a very underrated fishery nationally.

River Walker, I just got a kayak and would like to explore CF some for bass. Any tips?

10. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Trout and saugeye sure sound nice...

11. I guess your right riverwalker if you fish for bass and muskie.I`m a saugeye and walleye person.Also I live on Hanley road near lexington.I`ve been going over to bucyrus for saugeye and walleye.

12. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

I was wondering if there are many storage places up there that would not charge much for storing a 12 foot boat....Thanks.

13. walleye 60
    We're pretty close,I live right by the Kroger store on Lexington Ave.Although I do like to fish for bass,I'm also mainly a walleye fanatic.I don't really fish Bucyrus all that much,I mostly fish Lake Erie for my walleye fix.As far as upgrounds go,I fish Beaver Creek Res. near Clyde,Bellevue near Monroeville,and New London Res. all have good walleye/saugeye action at different times.Pleasant Hill Lake is usually good to me also for eyes',but this year,I've had no luck there whatsoever.I've had a little action on eyes' on the Mohican River earlier this year below Rt.3 also,if you know the better holes through there,you can usually take a few good ones anytime.

14. Mushijobah
    I used to store my boat in Ontario,just a bit past Springmill Drive-In theater,on the opposite side of the road from there.They were very reasonable,and I had 24 hour access to my boat.

15. hey all, glad to hear the fishings still good down in mansfield riverwalker. I waded killbuck 8-28 from about 9 am till 5 pm with a friend, we caught a couple pike, a bowfin, and a ton of dink smallies, bluegill and rockies. I see you fish New London res too, have you or anyone else reading fished the vermillion just below it? I'd like to wade that stretch sometime, just wonderin if anyone else has before. Thanks and good fishin

16. I am putting money on it that Riverwalker answers yes to that one.;) I have yet to hear of a stream in Ohio that he has not fished. If I had not seen pictures of him I would swear the guy was 100 years old to cover that much water!:D

17. I have fished that stretch a couple of times,it's only so-so through there,a lot of shallow water,and a lot of time spent climbing over log jams.A few miles north of here is where the real good fishing starts.Try near Wakeman,or Birmingham.You know what bkr? I don't think there is a stream in Ohio I haven't fished,it's not only because I'm an old fart,and been around the block.I've pretty much ran my own business over the years,and had control of what hours I worked,and what days.Hell,I can remember back 25-30 years ago I would sit down with the Ohio Gazateer of Streams,and it named every creek,rivulet and ditch in Ohio.I would look for the rate of fall per mile,to see if it would make a good bass stream.Then I would pick out 4 or 5 in a certain geographical area,look them up on a county map.Last thing left to do was go check them out,and I had all the time in the world to do so.I would throw a couple rods in the back of my van,a sleeping bag,cooler and stove,and hit it for a few days,if the streams were exceptional,I'd stay a week or so.So it went for over 30 years,well over-lol.You fish 5-8 new creeks every week or so,over the course of that many years,it's a pretty good bet that you've covered most,if not all.That's one great benefit of being older-you can always say-"been there,done that".

18. I knew it!:D

I remember a thread quite a while back with a discussion about all of the Ohio streams and how many you had been to.;) Just to make you feel even better I would not have pegged you as being old enough to have done that for over 30 years. Anyway that seems like it would have been a very neat thing to do and very educational.