Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Set The Hook!
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Receintly aquired a WASR-2 in 5.45x39 ,I have cleaned everything including gas system,chamber, lubed and reassembled.
Will fire first rd ,eject and bolt will push next rd out and chamber it but extractor will not go over the case rim. If I pull charging handle back by hand it will chamber fine.
Any ideas? All I can think to do is replace the Op Rod spring. Where is the best place to order one. I am also looking for a few mags
I really dont know much about the AK
Thanks guys

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well I don't know jack about ak's but...
If you want to diagnose your problem you may want to try the akforum.net, or one of the other many gun discussion boards.
As for parts there are these two, numric, and sarco. IDK if either has what you are looking for, but it maybe a start. As for mags, these seem like a good deal, ak mag link. Hope you get it fixed, looks like a great gun. Who is the mfg or importer? or was it built?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
By NO MEANS am I an expert nor tend to have any knowledge of those EVIL looking rifles. Sinister if I may add. That said;

I got rid of a Bulgarian (milled) about a year after I bought one. No accuracy pattern to develop in any shots over 75yds. My S.K.S. Russian milled does a way better job then the A.K.. So I sold it & never thought
twice about it.
Soo, I like those evil looking BLACK sinister looking rifles & into accuracy with those. A good site for anything to know about those rifle's is

ar15.com

if one browse's around you'll find a thread in the AK rifle, going into that if you browse around you'll find hundreds & hundreds of questions & answers in re;, ak's & sks's. I'll bet ya that your particular question was at one time addressed to the problem your having?

Nik

·
Set The Hook!
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As for mags, these seem like a good deal, ak mag link. Hope you get it fixed, looks like a great gun. Who is the mfg or importer? or was it built?

Thanks for the link to the mags but thats the wrong caliber.
Its a Century Arms Imported/built
I think I have it running right. There was still some carbon in the gas system that I didnt get completely clean
Thanks
Guys

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks for the link to the mags but thats the wrong caliber.
Its a Century Arms Imported/built
I think I have it running right. There was still some carbon in the gas system that I didnt get completely clean
Thanks
Guys
Oops. Well if any one out there is looking for some ok priced 7.62x39 ak mags hit the link. :D

·
Registered
887 Posts
I posted it last night for you on akforum.net and have yet to get any answers, which is unusual.

I was going to suggest a good cleaning, but you already said you had it cleaned up. Hopefully that carbon is the problem. Good Luck.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Im not an expert but that looks like a Polish Tantal from Century. They are a very well made US receiver on Original Polish parts except the barrel. Barrels are made in US also. They come with a generous covering of cosmoline on them and it gums everything up pretty well so that might be the cause of your woes. Could be some dried cosmoline under the extractor stopping it. I clean it off with kerosene and a toothbrush. The barrel is not chrome lined so make sure you clean it after every shooting because all 5.45x39 is corrosive ammo. Just make sure to get the salt residue out of the barrel and piston area. AK's are designed to be run dirty so a complete cleaning every outing isnt necissary. Best ammo deal is at Rguns (155.00 for 1,080 rounds). Look for Polish, Bulgarian or Russian mags. I found them for 20.00 a piece a few months ago but there were a limited number of them and have long been gone. You will find them if you keep your eyes out. Mags are now being manufactured in the US (Tapco)but from what I've heard buy at your own risk. So far they have been nothing but problems. Polish Tantals are a top of the line AK-74 with quality right up there with the "custom" AK makers.

·
Set The Hook!
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the reply, I have been using noncorrosive Barnaul 5.45x39 ammo. Its a Romanian Century built AK
I was cleaning with Hoppes and thought it was spotless. I soaked the gas system with foaming bore cleaner and got a bunch of gunk out of it. I'm hoping I'm good to go now.

·
Banned
94 Posts
it might be the mag.. if you are using the red bakolite mags, alot of times the spring is weak and will not feed the next cartridge properly. ive seen it happen.

·
Set The Hook!
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I say that. I got a e-mail update from them. Thanks
Still having issues, but hopefully have them figured out. Range has been closed so I cant get back to try it out.
I found out that the Gas Block was canted , so I straightened it out.
Did some polising on the exractor as it was gritty in the bolt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts