Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fishaholic
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://crosstrackers.com/Default.aspx

This is a Christian based outdoor program based in Oregon. Is there anything like this in SW Ohio. Is there any interest on this board from other Christians?

I like this idea for fellowship and maybe even bringing someone new to the truth in Christ.

Jesus said come with me and I'll make you fishers of men....

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
I've never heard of them. I checked out the site but couldn't find a message forum. Might not hurt to email them and ask. Good luck, have fun.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Google "Fishers of Men" Tournament Trail. It is a faith based Bass Tourney organization. They have prayer meetings the night before tourneys. Seems very important for them to make Christ a part of their events.It seems to be a very top notch group. Never particapated because of time and obligations, but some day I will be a member of that organization.

·
Fishaholic
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Google "Fishers of Men" Tournament Trail. It is a faith based Bass Tourney organization. They have prayer meetings the night before tourneys. Seems very important for them to make Christ a part of their events.It seems to be a very top notch group. Never particapated because of time and obligations, but some day I will be a member of that organization.
Thanks I'll check it out. I e-mailed this group but havent heard back.

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
It is OGF's policy not to allow discussions of religion as well as several other topics that can greatly divide members and cause arguments but this thread was left up simply to allow the originator of the thread to obtain information about an organization that he may pursue. Some of the conversation has gone beyond that and although some may not recognize it because posts have needed to be deleted due to the nature of them but again those posts are prime examples of why the OGF does not choose to be a platform for religious discussion. I only mention this because some of the replies later in the post will seem more vague to someone reading this after the fact. Answering Tommy's original question for obtaining information about faith-based outdoor organizations is certainly acceptable while questioning one's faith is not.

This stance by the OGF should not be viewed as "anti-religion" but rather an attempt to keep peace in the OGF Community. There are endless avenues available on the Internet for anyone who may wish to discuss those beliefs in detail.

·
Fishaholic
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You bet there's interest! If there are no chapters here yet, maybe we could start one.
I'm definately interested. Still no reply from the e-mail I sent.

As far as the deleted post from this thread, Good Idea and Thank you.................

·
Mellons mentor
4,001 Posts
It is OGF's policy not to allow discussions of religion as well as several other topics that can greatly divide members and cause arguments but this thread was left up simply to allow the originator of the thread to obtain information about an organization that he may pursue. Some of the conversation has gone beyond that and although some may not recognize it because posts have needed to be deleted due to the nature of them but again those posts are prime examples of why the OGF does not choose to be a platform for religious discussion. I only mention this because some of the replies later in the post will seem more vague to someone reading this after the fact. Answering Tommy's original question for obtaining information about faith-based outdoor organizations is certainly acceptable while questioning one's faith is not.

This stance by the OGF should not be viewed as "anti-religion" but rather an attempt to keep peace in the OGF Community. There are endless avenues available on the Internet for anyone who may wish to discuss those beliefs in detail.
Maybe it is time that OGF have a religon forum, as well as a political forum...Most of the fishing forums I vist now have both, and they get more hits that any...ALSO, they are completly unmoderated...which is a blessing...In fact moderators are not even allowed to post in the religon and political forums.

Grow up OGF, People have more interest than just Walleyes.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
jack,if there are so many other sites that have political and religious forums,why should ogf follow suit?with that many other choices,people have plenty of sources.those rules are what makes this site what it is,and have since it's inception.
maybe some members should "grow up" if they expect ogf to change it's mission to a "one size fits all" site just to satisfy the very few who seem to be unhappy because it caters to a much broader audience that seems more appreciative of what the site stands for.

·
Fishaholic
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I posted this to get info and find out if there was interest in a Christian Outdoor program. Thanks guys for highjacking it into a debate about weather religion should be discussed on this forum. It was not to discuss religion, its to find out if there is interest from others with the same beliefs. Its the same as a Bass fisherman complaining about a catfish thread. If you are not interested, then just go on about your business. If you are, great!!! lets try to get something going. This thread has now lost its purpose due to the bickering over weather we should talk about religion or not. I am not promoting my beliefs nor belittling any one elses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.