Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
State record bass or bust
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be heading overe there in a few as soon as I get motivated and just wondered if any fellow OGF'ers where going to be there.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Well Pigsticker did you get to spillway? How was it? Tuff east wind and front made it slow fishing out there. Seethe303 was you at moundwood tonight thought i saw you as you were walking up to car. I was on other side. Caught 1 that went 22" nothing else there. Did manage couple other ones elsewhere. Bite was not on that is for sure. Hope to hit Alum this weekend in boat saugeyes got to waiting for some jigs to hit in front of them. Hope so!!

·
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I made it out there this afternoon. I got 5 dinks in the spillway. The water was way down. I went over to MW from 730-8ish and didn't see an eye caught at all by 24 guys. I did see 2 little crappie caught on bobbers and minnies. From what I saw driving around the whole lake looked muddy. I did notice a bunch of fish breaking the surface at MW, thought it was kinda unusual. If it was eyes feeding on shad they sure weren't hitting any lures.

·
Senior Executive Member
1,285 Posts
Well Pigsticker did you get to spillway? How was it? Tuff east wind and front made it slow fishing out there. Seethe303 was you at moundwood tonight thought i saw you as you were walking up to car. I was on other side. Caught 1 that went 22" nothing else there. Did manage couple other ones elsewhere. Bite was not on that is for sure. Hope to hit Alum this weekend in boat saugeyes got to waiting for some jigs to hit in front of them. Hope so!!
yup! that was me.

I was fishing the spillway for a while, ran into Pigsticker, and also caught a few dinks.

I didn't stay long at Moundwood though, it ate one of my Rogues and then I got a nasty bird's nest so I called it a night.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Hey Pigsticker where was you at Moundwood? I was there on ramp side till about 8:20 then moved elsewhere? I got one about 7:00 or so nice chunky 22" male guy by me got one that was i would 14" otherwise you were right couple crappies. Wind change wil do wonders!! Next week hope to be pounding eyes and crappies at Alum!!!

·
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was the big dude in all black on fishing off the dock at the ramp.

Did you see the red fox run up to the water on the other side. I don't think i've ever seen one of those in person before.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
did not realize that was you. Yeah was watching it for awhile up by road then he decided to see if fish were biting i guess. I have seen 4 this spring all right along road.

·
Multi Species Angler
6,141 Posts
I see red fox all the time, but I hunt a lot. They are neat little buggers. As for the fish I might as well have my head in the sand. I've got 1 walleye so far this spring. I'm headed to KY tomorrow to chase some turks, but next weekend I should get into a bite somewheres!

CG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts