Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on heading over there tomorrow to see if the bite is still on. Any thoughts on how this weather will have affected things? Will they still be in the same locations?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I will be out tommrow moring on the reefs as soon as I get my fishfinder i got in the mail today on. Hope they are still bitting. Good luck all who go out.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got the Humminbird 757c last weekend. Put it on before our trip out Sunday. The thing looks great - but I didn't really even get a chance to use it! We started catching right after we got out from Fenwick. I've never had anything more than a regular old style fish finder. This baby does it all!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow Het, 2 weekends in a row? You must be super human dude. Sounds like the jig bite only lasts a few weeks or so, may has well hit it while you can, good luck man.

_Dan Hill

·
Registered
52 Posts
Gut, The fishfinder I got humminbird 565. Hope it works well, seemed like the best one for the dollar and had alot of good reviews. I will be also going out of fenwick around 8. Good luck all.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
We planned on hitting turtle again but had a guy back out to go to Tappen instead.Go figure that one out,he's missing the best bite I've seen on Erie in 20 years if not ever. If we get a third Wave and I will be there,if not maybe next weekend.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'll be out both saturday and sunday, probly turtle creek one day, and maumee bay the other. Sounds like might be a little rough saturday morning. I'll try to stop in and say hi Het if it looks like your around.

Dave/Tenrds

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey Het !

I called turtle creek and Fenwicks and No one has a camping spot. Did you get a seasonal ? I really wanna camp . I called the Gas station up there (I believe turtle point) and they said they are booked all year ? Only seasonal ones left ?
(Sorry not trying to Hijack)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Will be up Monday thru Wednesday. Staying on Catawba and plan on doing some trolling and some jigging.

Lundy, what channel are you usually on?

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
Hey Het !

I called turtle creek and Fenwicks and No one has a camping spot. Did you get a seasonal ? I really wanna camp . I called the Gas station up there (I believe turtle point) and they said they are booked all year ? Only seasonal ones left ?
(Sorry not trying to Hijack)

Not trying to hijack a ? for Het, but when I called for a site for last weekend, she said there are no reservations needed for the primitive camp sites (north side of the pond). I pitched my tent with plenty of room. I think only 4-5 other tents were up all weekend.

·
Registered
333 Posts
No Kiddin !?? Thats Awesome ! So what number did you call ? did you take a boat ? were you able to leave it in the water ? This is very good news... I want to go up may 5th and 6th.... This is for Turtle Point marina right ?
Hows the ramps steeper than fenwicks ?
Thanks for the reply ! Hopefully this will all work out then...
Thanks again..
Joe

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
Nope, Turtle Creek Marina and Campground... different than Turtle Point. I didn't have any problems with the ramps. Phone # is 419-898-7745. Primitive camp was 12/nite, dock is 15/nite or you could pay $5 each time you launch. Good people, would recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
333 Posts
hey is there still a Height/Width restriction on rt 2 north ??
I believe due to the bridge construction ? I have a new boat and was worried about a detour...

·
Registered
338 Posts
ill be there same as lsat week at turtle creek . sat &sun :D :D
give me a holler .i made up some more hair jigs . i only lost one last week.:(
channel 68
hope to see some Fer's up there :D :D LOL.

man this is worst than waiting for the second of deer season.:D :D

jim:G

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Hey Het,one weekend wasn't enough for you huh? Just gotta love the spring thing on the western end.:D

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Myself, Wave warrior and Billbob7059 will be there around 8am. We'll monitor 68. Going out of Turtle Creek. jimbobber think I talked to you out on the lake last week,right after you left I pulled a nice 25in. male. See ya all there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts