close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone headed to Alum sat evening?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, Aug 20, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I'm kicking around the idea.....

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

hay shake we hit alum last night after work, from 11pm until 2:20am we trolled down the main lake on the left side after cheshire bridge with no luck then we hit the rocks on cheshire casting, cranks. we picked up one decent smallie and one small one also a nice rock bass. Good luck to ya.

3. Hey shake, kinda wondering about the same thing myself. Still replacing things from where my tackle box was stolen at Alum a couple weeks ago. Did you go last week?

4. ShakeDown

Yeah I went out last Sat...took 4 keeper eyes on bouncers (and a bunch of gills/perch mixed in as usual) then started trolling cranks around dark...took 2 nice smallies right off the bat (JUST like the previous week) and then not another strike. Ran into Roadman and Fishcrazy fishing a Muskies Inc tournament that night...never did hear how it went.

5. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

fished alum wednesday and managed to boat 3 eater eyes on bouncers and a few perch n gills. i got alot of short strikes that i could tell were eyes since they werent peckin like the gills and perch. think im going to go to a 3 hook harness and hopefully i can find out for sure what they are. wont be able to get out saturday evening, i have a wild game fry to attend up by IL. so while your out huntin the eyes, ill be sinkin my teeth into , rabbit, turtle, frog legs, fish, deer, all kinds of birds and who knows what else. good luck...

might get out in the am, but havent got a dispatch authorized. last word i got was i was going to look at baby furniture. :) if i get out ill let ya know what happens.

sowbelly

6. Hey sow, wheres the wild game dinner? Is it open to the public?

7. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

its a private shin-dig, a buddy of my dad is hosting it. we use to go to this guys cottage over in angola IN and whack the big gills, but hell thats been almost 25 years ago. im going to see if the guy will let me hunt on his property this year, and hopefully i can poke a deer. Never hunted before but from the way he tells my dad, you can sit on the deck and read a magazine and take your pick from the one you want for the freezer. whaddya think, about another month and it will be time to start pokin around the lillys.. man i cant wait for the cold weather and the ice to start formin...

sowbelly

8. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

Headed to Alum in the morning. I have a couple of worm rigs that I got/used on St. Clair (pumpkinseeds and pickeral love 'em) and want to try them for the eyes and gills previously mentioned, before I go Crappie fishing. Any recommendations on an area to start? So far, my experience with Alum has been limited to the eastern coves between Cheshire and the bridge to the North.
    Thanks for any help!!!!!

9. I agree Sow. Waiting for the September crappie and eye run at IL, then 3 months of deer hunting and then walking on water. Don't know which I like better!

10. I should be out. Give me a shout if you see me. White lund, 2025 IFS

11. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

I will be out tonight from about 3pm to dark... '78 blue and white skeeter... Holler when you pass :)

12. ShakeDown

Will do guys...I'll be launching at the Marina around 6, and will be in a red/silver stratos fish n ski.

13. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

shake..i thought your boat is a fish n' toobs..and not ski.. :rolleyes:
    good luck guys..

14. does anyone want any company I will be there but I dont have a boat. So if anyone had any extra room that would be awsome
    thanks

15. ShakeDown

BBJ...I'm full tonight...anyone else have room?

16. I'm thinking about starting early morning, 3 AM. Usually have fished the sundown to midnight thiry time frame. Has anyone pulled through from midnight to morning lately?