close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anyone headed out west?

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by jeffmo, Oct 8, 2005.

1. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

just wondering if anyone had plans to hunt out west this year.
    i sure wish i could get back to colorado for some elk hunting.

2. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I wish I was.

I hunted Wyoming almost 15 years ago for elk and loved it. Then Saskatchewan for deer 3 years ago.

I love hunting Ohio but really wish I could take some kind of hunting trip out of state every couple of years.

Money, time and companions are an issue, and not necessarily in that order :)

3. Not to far west but doing some Pheasant hunting in Iowa in 3-4 weeks..

4. I too will be going to Iowa in Nov. The fellow where I go tells me the numbers are up according to DNR, and he has seen more than usual.
    I will be going to Kansas in January also.

5. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i saw some good elk pics that were just posted.hopefully they'll be a story to go with them.

6. Hunted muley's in Wyoming two and three years ago, and Wild boar down in texas this year. I always try to have one out of state hunting/fishing trip a year. It helps to go with atleast one other person, not only to share the trip with but they will also push you so you'll make sure to schedule it every year. The same three guys have been going for several years now and we have some great memories.