close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone have extra dirt

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JUSTCRAZY, Feb 5, 2008.

1. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

Anyone on here live in the central ohio area and have some filldirt they need to get rid of? Even some rocks or sand they need to get rid of.

I am tired of having a swamp for a back yard. It wouldn't be bad if I didn't have two labs to clean up a few times a day.:mad:

I looked at getting a top soil company to come in and it was crazy expensive when I looked on there web site. My yard is just too big to pay for the stuff.

I have about a 1/2 acre in fence that I am going to start by filling in all the low spots then work on getting a better top soil. The dirt is just all clay and drainage just does not happen.

If anyone had the need to get rid of it, hit me with a pm.

Thanks
    Rob

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i'm guessing you won't be wanting to start on it till spring.i'll check with my son.he's east of newark if that's not to far to haul.

3. Call new home builders & ask for the production manager or site supers, they are always looking for place to dump dirt. My boss had a 1/2 acre pond/swamp filled in 2 days once he found a builder developing a new subdivision. Usually fairly clean fill cuz it's what they have to remove for a road or basement.

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

rob,i know there's some building going on near you,so fisherball has a good idea.when i was in the business,i was always happy to to that if i had to have it hauled.

5. Have you considered going to one of the local gravel co's?
    When I worked landscaping and we needed a large quantity of sand or dirt thats where we went. Just a thought.

6. Eriesteamer

Eriesteamer BORN TO RIDE THE WAVES

I had a friend that had same problem.he got a back hoe and dug it out used the mud to go around it. man when he was done there was a nice lake now.I like get a deal like that.it was abut 6 or 8 feet deep.stocked it with fish. now has nice fish pond.think it over