close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anyone have a chevy Venture mini van going to look at one tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fish4Fun, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

going to look at one tomorrow stopped by and looked at it on way home tonight it was dark and midnight. its a 1999 with 49k on it price cut 50% of kelly blue book. if they don't sell it goes to auction next week. my buddy works at dealer its about a $9 or 10k van marked down to 6995. looks brand new cd, pw,pl,pd extended version. only thing dosent have is the tv system. did vin search and all checks good.

2. EDD

EDD BASS BUM

that price is low to normal for a 99 ---bought out our lease 99 winstar ,under 60000 miles for a little less than that .

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

thanks edd how have ya been? hows the fishing?

4. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

We bought a Venture as our company service truck. We thought we would get something that would suit the company's needs and haul 7 people when all of the kids were with us. The Venture is a smooth ride and has been dependable. We purchased a 2000 model used, about 1 1/2 years ago, with 46k on it. Currently there is 113k. It also hauls our boat so we are hard to miss at the lake. Next van will be one of the white box style though since our kids are getting older and we won't need to transport everyone. The Venture has been worth every penny.

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I made my wife drive an AWD venture a few weeks back (We are both pretty anti-minivan, but she needed a new ride and figured we'd atleast go through the motions). We were both very impressed, but in the end, it was still a minivan :D We aren't ready to domesticate 100% yet, so we passed on it. However, if it's what you're looking for, they are NICE, and I don't think you'll find a better engine in a mini compared to that Vortec.

6. Check out Trader Buds and see Steve Savage over there. He is in the Finance dept. He has a Skeeter and fishes too. He will be straight with you. Tell him my name. I get nothing and don't want nothing. Just check them out and all options B4 U buy.

Later girls.
    Fishin tonight at Griggs????? Anyone else?????? Harry1 will probably go with me. :)

7. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Thanks all, ya shake i would like to see here in a 3/4 ton 4x4 suburban. but not right now. Trucked i have looked all over the net and called a couple buddies that work at lots and they say its a steal. I went over today and drove it just got back. we are discussing it at home and will make a decision. I got them to sell for 7k out the door. i will let you guys know what i do. If weather holds i think me and guy at work are hitting alum tonight on his boat.

8. Hmmmmm!!!! Alum huh? Maybe, just maybe I might go. Shakey are you gonna go too?

9. The weather just changed........Don't think I'll be going to Alum tonight.....
    :( :( Just a little bit crappie (pun) out there.

10. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

well we bought the van just got back from picking it up. now we both have nice vehicles and i played the card honey you know i could have bought a new boat but i bought this van for you instead? she said and i will never hear the end of it. we hit alum last night 2smallies off the rocks and a rockbass. got off the lake just before the storm came through. heres the van.
    [​IMG]

11. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

since ya saved "SO" much on the new van, a new boat shouldnt be to far ahead in the picture. :D ;)

sowbelly

12. My Inlaws own a 2002 Venture and have no problems with it yet. They have 54,000 on it already. They got all the goodies with it also. Its a nice family van. My wife and I are planning on getting one next spring. They ride a hell of a lot better than our Caravan , and seem to do better on gas. Just my 2 pennies...........Rich

13. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

sowbelly you think like i do i figure won't be to long down the road.