close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone Got A ?

Discussion in 'Guns and Ammo' started by RichsFishin, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Was wondering if anyone had a Mosin Nagant M44 and how they like it and how far they get out with them and what they hunt with it ? Thanks...Rich

2. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

They are cheap guns to buy and ammo isn't to bad but kick pretty good. What is it you want to hunt? Nothing I could think of. If you are thinking groundhogs I think you had better look for something else unless you are on a really tight budget

3. i have an m38 wouldnt really reccommend hunting with them but i have heard and seen on the web people have used the M91/30 for hunting deer..fun guns and like Orlando said good kick and one hell of a muzzle flash!!!

4. wader

wader Fishing Fool

I had an M-44 a couple of years ago. It would probably be a good deer or larger game rifle up close, but most of them aren't very accurate past 100 yds. I believe some of the Finnish re-works are really good rifles, but they also command much higher prices. Mine also have the most god-awful trigger ever put on a rifle.

5. m44 are fun to shoot, but I wouldn't use one to hunt with. If I could use a rifle to hunt deer with here in ohio, and wanted to use a milsurplus it would be a k31.

6. I had two friends I used to work with who became Moissen Nagant nutso's!
    They ordered, sight unseen, and absolutely got crazy about target shooting them. I'm not sure what calibers but they sent me a link on the history of the rifles that they found on Google that "I just had to read"!! I didn't get one by the way. Something creepy about buying foreign, old beat up guns, that probably killed people, that bothers me. I see them all the time advertised in Dunham's ads in Alliance, very cheap, but still don't want one.