close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone going to the Bassmaster Classic??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ncraft150, Jul 10, 2005.

1. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I'm heading up early that Saturday to see them get ready and launch. I'll head over to the Expo Center afterward until 3 when I'll hit the weigh-in.

I've heard eveything at the Classics is free and other than the fact the weights will probably be lower than past Classics it should be a good time.

All three locations of the event are within a mile of each other. Leaving the truck parked and walking makes this even better.

I'd like to stay for the final day but our tourny director scheduled us a tourny that day.

2. Banker

Banker Banned

this year's classic in pittsburgh on the ohio is really gonna separate the men from the boys....good luck to all! (0.9 fish for the average basser in 6 hrs..errrr)

3. peon

peon account delete

i just had a club tourney on the ohio and it was a 9 hour tourney and one keeper bass was brought in and there was 12 guys... come on!!! the ohio river is some hard stuff to fish!!! with club tourneys on the river i aint never gonna be bass master classic matterial..... lol...

4. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

Reel Lady and I are going for the weekend. We have reservations for Friday and Saturday nights. If you see us there be sure to say hi.

5. Banker

Banker Banned

nature is nature, sports is sports, the less they intermix the better(especially for the environment). I'm gonna cringe the day I see rock climbing (the kind on rocks, not plastic, and not bolted sport routes either) done up on tv like the way they do these tourneys. climbers hate that crap. no comment on the athleticism of guys trying to run up el capitan in sub 2 hours vs pro fisherman. though I do enjoy watching the stuff and am thus partly responsible for why its gotten where it has(guilty). ever notice (at least on the flw tour) how fake the crowd noise is at the weigh-ins. its almost as bad as an old kung fu movie where the "yeeee, waaaa!!!" comes 3 seconds after (or before) the guy kicks the other guy...

6. Not sure how much I will spend up there, but I am going home for the week and will spend some time at the events. I just want to take it all in.

Eric

7. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

We will be staying at the Courtyard Marriot Downtown. Anyone else staying in overnight in Pittsburgh? We really want to bring our boat, but not really sure about the How's and Where's. I cant see pulling this boat into a parking garage.. That would be a bad situation :eek: I wonder if there are any docks we could rent (near by) for Friday and Saturday night? If anyone has any ideas.. please share!
    Thanks,
    Marcia

8. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I thought of taking my boat also, but not sre what to do with it when I wasnt in it. In S.Carolina at Lake Wyle I have a Aunt and Uncle within 20 Min of the ramp.

9. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I plan on going sometime, but don't know when for sure.....I am not familiar with the area, so it is hard to tell where or when I will be there.

10. Alwsfishin

Alwsfishin '73 24' Stamas

I'd rather........I mean I'm going to watch the paint dry on our boat. :D :D :D

11. Just make sure that you get a Roethlisberger from Peppi's!

12. im going ,,,,need flathead bait!!! i gotta try that sometime!!!!

13. just found out wifes working an am off :D
    how many of you are planning on going sat ????????
    dave(netcraft 150)how u an the boys doing? getting ready 2 see the big boys go at it ????have 2 work late friday,so i won't make the big blast off sat!!!
    but going 2 try 2 sneak in 2morrow mornin between trips 2 check it out :D
    rockybass i'll be leaving steubenville sat mornin between 10am an 11am.
    its about a 45min drive from there.if you want 2 hook up i know the area pretty good :)
    good web site is 2005bassmastersclassic.com
    there is some place on there were they have the layout for the conv center.
    were all the booths are set up at!!
    everthing is free!!!!!!!!!!!! :D just my price lol lol
    mrtwister jbo
    jimbo

open invite 2 all that want 2 hook up
    center opens up at 10am//weigh in at 4 at the mellon area

14. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I'll be there sat and sun for sure, hopefully friday too

15. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

Leaving in a few minutes... Thurs-Sun. Plenty of Crown Royal with us!!! Keep an Eye out for 4 guys wearing MaK Tackle tourney shirts, Red/White/Black! If we're slurring I applogize in advance. Much needed getaway. Have fun all
    jeff, MaK Tackle, Your "REEL" friends