Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be hitting the water around 5 PM. Launching out of Hot Waters. Anyone else planning to brave the wind?

I will be on either 79 or 68.

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fished last night out of Hotwaters. I was a bit concerned about the wind. But it really wasn't a problem. The lake was actually very fishable. We started trolling just west of the harbor in 36' of water and headed northwest. Once we got out to the trough in 50' we would pull everything and run back to 36'. We made 3 passes and were a few fish short of a four person limit. Nothing big, all nice eaters between 19" and 24". It was not fast and furious by any means. But we continued to pick away at them.

We trolled dipsies and jets off boards. We pulled fish better off the dipsies on #3 back 95 and #2 back 70. Never picked up a fish on a 20 jet, but did pull 3 off of the 30 jets. They wanted the bigger Michigan Stinger spoons last night. We started with a combination of stingers and med. spoons. But the med. spoons worked best. Colors were all over the place. Copper confusion, silver watermelon, blueberry muffin and kavorikan all pull their share.

Hoping to get back out Saturday.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts