Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Sneakers2548
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So tell me when to believe what you read? Noaa has wave report down to 2to3s dropping. Showers/tstorms mainly before 10am? So I guess it will be a sight call in morning! Thanks for the haha's

·
Eye Lander
488 Posts
I was out this afternoon at Fairport and it was rockin pretty good. Got past the breakwall and the kids were having a blast but not my wife. Maybe if it lays down tomorrow but I personally would not plan on a 6 am launch given current forecast.

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
No NOAA Has the report broken into the sections of the lake right now...Read the 2nd Section...

.SATURDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING WEST 5 TO
15 KNOTS. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY IN THE MORNING...THEN
A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 4 TO 6 FEET SUBSIDING
TO 2 TO 4 FEET.

Nothing make me happier than to fish tomorrow...I canceled...Not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to save ya a drive...Currently I'm standing in Conneaut and its blowing steady SW 20-25mph right now...Its not real nice out there...

IWindSurf.com has 30mph winds forecasted from the SW this evening till tomorrow morning...Looking like it is going to start to let up probably 2pm...Sunday looks good...

This is pretty reliable http://www.windalert.com/spot/1813

So tell me when to believe what you read? Noaa has wave report down to 2to3s dropping. Showers/tstorms mainly before 10am? So I guess it will be a sight call in morning! Thanks for the haha's

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
You need to use your experience (or the experience of someone who fishes the area a lot...like Carpetbagger). I was out today. NOAA was calling for 1-3s and Natl Wx Service was calling for 2 footers. The forecast of SW to West at 10-20 (NOAA) and 14-17 (NWS) just didn't match the wave forecast. We started the day in 2 footers and it went to 3-5s by 10:00-10:30.

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Not wanting to come off like an expert by any means, and ive seen this guy post before and have talked with him on the lake, I know its not one of them things...Just a guy who wants to go fishing....Still blowing here...Iwindsurf has gusts over 20mph forcasted pretty much through mid afternoon and shes been rolling a good 12 hrs...lots of momentum and those south winds can fool you and the further out you go the worse it becomes.....Looks flat in front of harbor but the horizion is a bit lumpy...

If you live close enough anything can happen and hey what the hell show up at 6 and see what its doing...When I have people driving 3+hrs to fish I like to give them a heads up and atleast attempt to give it another shot on a day where weather might be better....I could be wrong....We all know the weather man has been wrong before...Its a pain trying to figure out the weather...

You need to use your experience (or the experience of someone who fishes the area a lot...like Carpetbagger). I was out today. NOAA was calling for 1-3s and Natl Wx Service was calling for 2 footers. The forecast of SW to West at 10-20 (NOAA) and 14-17 (NWS) just didn't match the wave forecast. We started the day in 2 footers and it went to 3-5s by 10:00-10:30.

·
Sneakers2548
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok you guys and the radar changed my mind! Going to push it off to tomorrow morning! Anyone with me on this? Yes I want to fish but do respect the lake! Thanks Jeff for the late post! Hope tomorrow brings an opening!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Smart move to stay on shore today. The weather buoy says 3.3 ft and 29.1kts. Weather buoy measurements of 3.3 ft equals 5 to 6 ft actual most days and it's still building. I was hoping to get out Sunday morning myself to do some perch fishing but that might take a miracle at this rate. It will most likely be a last minute call right before I walk out the door from work Sunday morning if this wind blows for any length of time today.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.