close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone fishing the Tusc River Lately ???

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tcba1987, Aug 31, 2007.

1. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

just curious if anyone has been fishing the Tusc River lately for smallies/catfish/saugeyes ??? i havent had a chance to get out in about 2 weeks and just wondered if the cooler evenings was making the bite pick up any yet ?? its been a slow year on the Tusc for me so far but the Fall fishing season is the BEST in my opinion !!!

THANKS for any info !!! :D

2. tcba1987

decided to try the Tusc for about a half an hour this morning between the 100 other things that i needed to get done today. me and josh were both pleasantly surprised the smallies were actually hitting !! josh busted a nice 14 inch smallie on a rebel wee-r crankbait (crawdad colored) and i landed a decent 12 inch fish a few minutes later on a Yum 4 inch wooly hog craw (watermelon with red flake). not too bad considering we fished a total of about 25 minutes and had to leave ................the HONEY-Do list was waiting !!! :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I've been catching most fish lately on jointed shad raps or rebel craws. Nothing much to report though. Its just been the average smallies, small saugeye, and some crappies within the last week.

4. tcba1987

THANKS Josh.............i guess we are the only ones that fish the Tusc anymore ........LOL !!:confused:

5. I was gonna fish tonite then ended up haveing other things come up, but I did see Josh and his dog wading the Tusc Tonite down behind Tractor supply, at least I thinkk it was him cause I passed him by 5 points!

6. That was me, no fish though. Probaly because my dog isn't a very quiet wader.

7. CTB86

CTB86 Trout Hunter

It's been awhile since I have made it out on the Tusc. All of my favorite spots have been outted and overfished, leaving me catching bluegill at Tusco. Park pond haha.

8. Looked like your dog was haveing a good time though Josh LOL...

Josh are you interested in a erie perch trip next week sometime? PM me or give me a call and Ill let you know the details...

9. All the easy to get to spots are over fished, but if you go to some of the spots that are hard to get to or a long hike the fishing can be awesome.

Chuck, I'll let you know sometime next week. I work Mon.-Wed. and then I might be packing up and heading down to school.

10. CTB86

CTB86 Trout Hunter

I took a walk up by where the Sugarcreek flows in and hooked a nice pike yesterday. Other than that, it was dead fishing. Is it just me, or does it appear someone dumped some sand in at the spillway? I know the water level is low, but I didnt think that that much would wash up there to form an extension off the rocks. Its been awhile since I have been down there, and wasnt sure. There was some trash on it too, leading me to believe it has been there for awhile. Can anyone help me with that?

11. 8racing3

8racing3 member

we fished the tusc and sugarcreek point last night for cats. had 2 runs and only landed one. it was a 6 pound shovelhead and got him on a bluegill. i thought for sure we were going to just slay em. water color was awesome, but i also did notice that the river was low. and i did see the trash too. we cleaned some up, but is was dark and couldn't see the best. saw alot of topwater activity while we were cattin. want to get back out there some time this week. hopefully.

12. Everytime the water is high it leaves behind sand along the rocks below the spillway. Every year the treatment plant digs the sand out after a lot has accumulated.