close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anyone fishing on monday?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bones, Jan 2, 2005.

1. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

hi i just joined the site and was wondering if anyone was fishing around central ohio on monday. i dont really fish for eyes that much but trying to pick up some tips.i onlyfish from the bank as i dont have a boat (yet).this is a great site and would like to say hi to everyone out there.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Welcome to our site Bones. I'm sure there are those here that will be fishing somewhere Monday. Try below the dams, like Griggs, O'Shaugnessy, etc. these areas usually produce saugeye and afew other fish. I don't get out that much in the winter but I know several on here do. Glad to have you join us.

3. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Griggs (and likley O'shay) Wont be fishable at all this week. Water is @ bankfull..(bankfull below griggs is when the water starts to spill into the frisbee golf course) ...and will continue to rise. Try hitting the spillways a week after a storm event as the ODNR website suggests..Also be prepared to loose a TON of jigs/cranks...I buy jig heads by the 100 pack from cabelas...and another tip: Always wear your waders, as you can usually hit a few holes that others can't. Plus you have a better chance at retrieving snagged cranks/jigs.

4. Got a report from Harry1 that Griggs was unfishable as it is ROARING over the dam as expected from the ice melt. Try local ponds and areas like that if you must wet a line. The police station at Dublin has 2 nice little ponds that produce some nice bass and they love you to fish them. They are right in front of the station.
    Have fun. :D

BTW, Happy B'Day Acklac.

5. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

lol...its not my birthday yet....1 more month. I guess I fogot to edit that option when I joined. Its changed now :). Thanks anyway though. And Griggs is ROARING....I can't imagine what it will look like with more rain...Anyone know how Alum spillway is looking?

6. I'll be out in search of a few saugeye's tomorrow morning.I can't say where yet,I'll probably start at C.Mill,then check out P.Hill,then head down towards Warsaw and check out Mohawk and 6-mile,then end up at Will's Creek.I went out Thursday morning and fished C.Mill from 4:30AM until about 8:00AM.I caught 1 big saugeye and 1 other around 17",I took the big fish to a local tackle shop to be weighed,it went a shade over 6lbs.I caught both on a HJ-10 firetiger.The water was way down,barely a trickle,they turned it on at 8:00AM while I was leaving.My guess they were holding the water back there,because I went to P.Hill next,and the water was flying out of there.They usually don't run both dams at the same time full bore.Obviously,I didn't attempt fishing P.Hill,C.Mill is very up and down so far this year,one good day and then a couple skunks,hopefully it'll get more consistent once the weather gets cold and stays cold.

7. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

thanks for the info i did pick up some jigs i will have to try out the ponds maybe sat.or sun.lets just hope they dont freeze over by then.i do fish griggs and o'shay in the summer for bass.thanks again.