close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anyone fishing atwood ???

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by 'Rude Dog, Jun 6, 2004.

1. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

going to fish atwood tomorrow - was wondering if anyone has been out since they opened up the boat ramp @ the dam last week ( last I heard , the lake was still 3.5 feet above summer pool) was wondering if anyone has been catching crappies or saugeyes - thanks, 'Rude Dog

2. Fished there this morning. Water is still pretty high. Trolled for most of the time. Caught 4 eyes around 14" very early on Shad Rap RS. They looked like quadruplets and were pretty healthy but I put them all back to get a little bigger. :) Caught a bunch of crappie and white bass. Threw them all back too. Fished for LM for about 1 1/2 hours or so. Caught 3. 2 around 2 lbs, looked really healthy as well and one little rascal. Of course all LMs were released. Stayed till around 2:00 when the sailboats and pontoon brigade had finally gotten the best of me--and then the circus at the boat ramp :rolleyes: . Reminds me of why I go so early--gotta remember to leave when I am supposed to as well :) Probably my second to last trip to Atwood as I am replacing my 25hp with a 60hp. I will miss that lake but I won't miss being cut off at full throttle in no wake zones by other fishermen while trolling, the infamous pontooner sightseeing at full throttle while on your trolling line, or better yet, between you and the bank, the sailboater who just wants to try and see how many times they can test and see if you know "right of way" rules, and the two killers 4 me, the 25HP jet ski and the water skier at Atwood?! Never understood why a lake with a 25hp limit got pounded so hard, but it does. I had a few wakes/waves coming at me that looked like they came from Mosquito!! :eek: And ramp etiquette need not be mentioned down there. :mad: 98/2

3. 'Rude Dog

thanks for your reply- atwood doesn't even hold a candle to the sunday afternoon circus at Tappan !!!!- was there 3 yrs ago, swore that I would NEVER go back on a weekend again- as an answer to the jet ski issue, isn't that what they make LARGE JERK BAITS AND STOUT RODS FOR???( I guess it would be the right bait, catchin g "jerks " on jerk baits !!!) LOL!!!- got a "new to me" boat last week, gonna try her out( had it out last tues. @ leesville, but a storm brewed, and we got off the lake in a hurry !!!-) will post results later this week 'Rude Dog.

4. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

I'm thinkin' there ought to be an open season on jet-skiers.... with paint ball guns... you drill one and he/she automatically has to put their tinker toy on the trailer and go home.

5. 'Rude Dog

went to atwood on tues. - fished from 4 to about 8:30 pm- no hits , saw lots of bass, crappies hitting minnows around treetops, etc, in different areas of the lake( close to cemetary bay, and aroun d the boat ramp by the dam , but couldn't get them to hit on minows, spinners, or ANYTHING ELSE IN THE TACKLEBOX !!!!- only saw 1 sailboat, and he was under motor power ( means he DOES NOT have the right of way !!!) , and no jet skiers!!! was a nice evening on the lake , just no fishing action... new boat runs great !!!
    'Rude Dog

6. went to atwood roday from 3 to 7pm and nailed a lot of crappie off the docks at the west end. no jet ski and no sail boats. sissys don t do rain too good!!!had a great time with no monsters caught.about 30 crappie and a few perch,my kind of day.