Anyone fished Charlotte Harbor?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by River Anglin, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Anyone been to the Punta Gorda, Florida area? I have a chance to stay right on Charlotte Harbor and I plan to fish right there. No charters and no trips into the backwater flats. Just fishing from the banks of the harbor. I'll probably fish the surf on the gulf coast also while the family is more interested in swimming.

Any experience or tips to share? I wish I could find a website like this for that area. That would be too perfect :)

2. I've fished Charlotte Harbor quite a bit. Your best fishing from the shore would be the U.S. 41 bridges between Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda, the Bayhore Pier, Laishley Pier, Port Charlotte Beach Complx, El Jobean and Placida trestle.

You can walk the beaches right now and find snook in the surf.

When you arrive, call Robert Lugiewicz of Fishin' Frank's at (941) 625-3888. Tell him I told you to call and he'll point you in the right direction.

3. I fished the Ft.Myers area in May and had fair luck with live shrimp, we were in the same boat as you, no charters etc, just walking the piers and bridges etc, if you have a chance and feel like a slight road trip check out the new Bass Pro Shops in Ft.Myers its really nice and only about a 1/2HR south of you off 75.

4. Cool, thanks for the tips. I'll call that guy and I'll check out the Bass Pro store.