close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone fish the Scioto this morning?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dKilla, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Is the water up noticeably since the heavy rain yesterday? Dirty?

I looked at the flow tables. The flow is still low with respect to median but I'm more interested in how it is in relation to how it's actually been lately.

2. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Either the O'shay generator shut down, or the Corp. of Engineers turned on the control pipes below Griggs. Whatever the reason the Scioto is really,really low (south of Griggs), lowest i've it seen all summer. Water clarity ranged from slighty stained (in an undeveloped strech) to near chocolate milk 1.5 miles downstream (where houses are being built along the bank). Really exemplifies the impact development has on our waterways :(.

Only managed a few Small Bass and called it a day @ 7:15. If you hit the Scioto @ 6:00am and don't get a 15"+ Smallie within the first 30min (or first couple casts for that matter) something ain't right...

3. I think it must have something to do with Oshay...I fished the river between Griggs and Oshay the other day...it was the lowest I've seen. The water was just BARELY moving and the clearest it's been all year.

4. Dang...I had my fingers crossed that the rain we got yesterday at least helped a little.

5. At this point we need about a week like that. Did you notice that the ground was totally dry by like 7:30 last nite. It's so dry it sucked all that rain up like a sponge....hardly any runoff I would guess.

6. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

I agree, the water table is so low too, and the ground being so hard and the rain coming all at once it just flows on top of the ground instead of soaking in building up the table. Most super small feeder creeks that should run all summer are just a trickle. Blacklick peaked 25 minutes after the rain(way fast) and dropped 3/4ths to normal an hour later, then by morning clear and trickling, years past it took 4-6 hours to peak, then 2 days to clear up and normal flow. Darn.

7. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

You can thank impervious surfaces and storm sewers for that.

8. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Anyone know what the Darb is like? i was fishing it when the rain came (Ran us off). Water was already low, and from how you guys are talking im guessing around the same as then.

9. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Darby running fine(flow wise) at 111 cfs, it peaked last nite, almost back to where it has been. I don't know where I'll float Sat. evening, if its by myself, Big walnut so the misses and kids can come get me and the car, but I'd like to hit the darby again, but its going to be HOT!!!!!

10. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

me and my dad are going to hit the Darb tomorrow at Day break (when wanting to be on water) should be fun. Not sure what area but we will be there. Do ya think the water will be stained any?